Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I bought a 2004 6s for my son. I'm sure I will drive it some too. It is fully loaded with leather, roof, pretty much everything except one thing odd. The previous owner (2 owners according to Carfax) only has 1 normal key. How can I tell if this car is equipped and used to have remote keyless entry? If so, how expensive is it to get the remotes and have them programmed? Thanks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I dont know about the 2004 but 2005 base models have keyless entry. You can check the dash board near the windsheild and you will see a small IR sensor it is about the size of a dime. If you have keyless there are two ways to get it programmed.

First you can order from dealer and have them do it, this will cost the most.

Or you can do what I did was order the remote from the dealer and have it shipped to your house and you can program it yourself, there is a walkthrough some where on this site.

2003-04 Mazda 6 REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Step 1: Open drivers door and leave open.

Step 2: Lock and unlock the driver’s door using the power door lock switch on the door.

Step 3: Insert key into the ignition.

Step 4: Turn key to on position and return to off position. (IMPORTANT - use ON position NOT ACC position). Do this 3 times within 10 seconds. Leave key in the ignition.

Step 5: Open and close the driver’s door 3 times. (Door should be left open after this step).

Step 6: ECU should respond by locking and unlocking the doors.

Step 7: Press any button on remote #1 twice. ECU responds by locking and unlocking the car doors.

Step 8: Press any button on remote #2 (etc.) twice. Each time the ECU will respond by locking & unlocking the doors.

Step 9: Remove the key from the ignition and the ECU will respond a final time with a series of door locks and unlocks. You're done!

It took me a few trys but it works.....GL

Reactions: mazda6 scan

·
Registered
170 Posts
whoa... do NOT order through the dealer. they will charge you $120 for the remote itself. i just got a brand new one for $60 shipped from keylessride.com.

took 1 minute to program. very easy.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I might have just the basic fob but mine only cost $48 from the dealer but i would make sure you get the best deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a base model 2004 Mazda6 a few months ago that also just came with one key and no keyless entry remote. There's a bunch selling on eBay. I got a GREAT deal on a set of TWO brand new for $60 after shipping! Follow the instructions Crimsonmt posted and they should work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts