Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

A few weeks back my car (2010 Mazda6 S 3.7L GT-V6) sat for 2 weeks and wouldn't start, so I got a neighbour to give me a boost.

After this, I now have to take the physical key out of the key fob to manually insert the key into the door to lock and unlock the car.

Putting my hand to the sensor in the door handle to unlock and pressing the rubber "lock" button on the handle both do not work. The former does nothing, while the latter makes the car beep 24 times (exactly the same beeping happens when I would try to lock it while a door or the trunk is open).

What's curious, is opening the trunk while still having the key in my pocket still works. Same thing with the push start ignition. I sit in the car with the key in my pocket and push start button works just fine.

I'd go to the dealer but I have feeling it would be expensive and maybe there is a simple solution.

Maybe this has something to do with the jump start that happened a few weeks back? I know nothing. Maybe it fried a fuse or something. I looked in the manual and can't seem to find the fuse responsible for the advanced keyless stuff.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You might want to check out this thread. It talks about possible problems caused by faulty door handles. I remember the recall was for the 2009 but it might also be affecting your 2010.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah..my vehicle is 2010 so it's not that. the problem is with the car computer and/or electrical stuff.

i took it to 2 mazda dealers here in germany and they said they don't have the tools to fix it.

kinda don't know what to do anymore. keylessly opening the trunk and starting the car works perfectly its just the unlock/locking the car with keyless.

should i try changing the battery?

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
You could try changing the battery in your FOB. It's a relatively cheap thing to do.

In the '16 models, the FOB sensor antenna is in the B pillar on the passenger side. When you're standing on the driver's side of the car trying to open the doors maybe that's related? Are you able to unlock the passenger side door?

The weird thing about the beeping makes me think that maybe when standing on the driver's side, the FOB thinks it is inside the car? I know that totally contradicts what I just said about the passenger side. If you stand back from the driver's side door with the FOB, while an assistant tries to unlock/open the driver's side door, does that help at all? Obviously, that's not a solution -- it's just a thought in terms of diagnostics.

Sucks that 2 different dealers couldn't come up with something. They should know more than anyone about it :/

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
You said Germany? Sorry, I'm in the U.S. and was thinking about it in those terms:

Driver = left side
Passenger = right side

I can't remember if German cars drive on the right side of the road? If that's the case, and the '10 is the same basic design as the '16:

Driver = right side + FOB antenna
Passenger = left side

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said Germany? Sorry, I'm in the U.S. and was thinking about it in those terms:

Driver = left side
Passenger = right side

I can't remember if German cars drive on the right side of the road? If that's the case, and the '10 is the same basic design as the '16:

Driver = right side + FOB antenna
Passenger = left side
we drive on the right side, like in the U.S.

i tried to change the battery in the FOB but that didn't help the lock/unlock. as said before, the push button start and opening the trunk using the key still works totally normally.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.I have the exact same problem.Did anybody find the solution? I just joined the fouram.Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts