Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2006 Mazda 6speed with the keyless entry which I thought was a great innovation. The Honda dealership told me that the alarm was factory installed which I was glad about but after a couple of months in my possession I found a gray button next to the door handle on the driver's side door that when I push it unlocks the door automatically even after I lock it with the keyless entry. This mean that anyone can push this button and drive off with the car (no I'm telling you where it's parked). Am I describing this properly and does anyone out there know what I'm talking about. Is it an alarm or a keyless entry issue and is there a way of resolving this issue? The manual has nothing in it about this.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I recently bought a 2006 Mazda 6speed with the keyless entry which I thought was a great innovation. The Honda dealership told me that the alarm was factory installed which I was glad about but after a couple of months in my possession I found a gray button next to the door handle on the driver's side door that when I push it unlocks the door automatically even after I lock it with the keyless entry. This mean that anyone can push this button and drive off with the car (no I'm telling you where it's parked). Am I describing this properly and does anyone out there know what I'm talking about. Is it an alarm or a keyless entry issue and is there a way of resolving this issue? The manual has nothing in it about this.
It's supposed to do that. Read your owner's manual. The car wasn't designed by mentally challenged cavemen (thought some may beg to differ). The button on the door handle to open your car only works when the credit card size key fob is within 2.5 feet of the door handle or something like that. It also doesn't work/work well if you carry a celly in the same pocket... frequencies interfere, or say has been my experience. There are are quite a few goodies in the manual that will enlighten you. Read up, and check out the FAQs at the top of this section. A lot of n00b questions will be answered there. And welcome to the site!

Reactions: 2K7MS6

·
Registered
178 Posts
Check your owners manual. That's called a request switch, and it works bAsed on your proximity to the car. If you lock your doors, take your key in the house, and come back out and try to unlock the car, it should stay locked. You can also use this button to lock the car when you get out, instead of having to dig the key out of your pocket. It works the same for all three request switches on the car too!
I hope this helps!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ha doug, you beat me to it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts