Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a n00b, but I'm not naive enough to burst here guns blazing. That being said, I did search, and I found these awesome topics on the subject, but it appears that I'm having difficulty at finding the definitive answer, so I humbly apologize in advance if this seems like a re-hashed topic, but the linked threads seem to end with unanswered questions.

I bought a used 2003 M6 S Grand Sport 5-spd recently, and for the life of me, I can't get the keyless remote to work. I've tried all the instructions in the aforementioned posts, and I can get the car to enter programming mode, but my remote didn't work. I thought it was the remote, so I went on ebay and got another KPU41805 - that didn't work either. I learned some new information from here, to open the door a fourth time to test the keyless remote system, which for me, did result in lights flashing, horns beeping, and the trunk popping open, to let me know that my system was indeed working.

So either I have struck out twice, and have TWO dud KPU41805 remotes, or this is what I'm thinking (try not to laugh too hard if this is being too n00bish):

The keys that I was given when I bought the car are this style. My friend who has a 2005i said she had this style instead. Being such a n00b to the car in general, I don't know what the configurations are on the chip, if my key even has a chip, or if I need a chipped key in order to reprogram my remotes.

Am I totally off base with this hypothesis?
Does it look like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay anywhere from $85-250 to have some keys/remotes reprogrammed?

The bottom line is that I would just like to have some working keyless entry remote(s), and any help you guys could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, everyone.

EDIT:
And now, the security indicator light is blinking, and my car won't start... Nevermind - I have to push the clutch down to the depths of hades to get the car to start; something I'm not 100% used to yet with this car. But the light is blinking.

·
Registered
181 Posts
make sure you got the key programmed and then do the keyless remote. you don't have to close and open the doors 3 times just push the door ajar button three times. also make sure you got the right model keyless remote for your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts