Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also added a couple of better pictures of how I mounted the Kenwood KSC-SW11 sub against the front of the rear seat; a few pictures below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I mounted mine UNDER the front Pax seat. There's a "shelf" in the body panel where it nestles very nicely between the seat rails and is 'captured' which makes securing it much easier. It doesn't obstruct anything there except for a small bit of the kick space for the right rear seat if the front seat is all the way forward.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Yes; the tunnel is right there and makes the perfect place for it. See my thread on the work I did on the doors and similar from a few years ago - it shows where I got power and such for both it and the small aux amp I also installed when I went to an aftermarket head unit (more for clarity than volume.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes; the tunnel is right there and makes the perfect place for it. See my thread on the work I did on the doors and similar from a few years ago - it shows where I got power and such for both it and the small aux amp I also installed when I went to an aftermarket head unit (more for clarity than volume.)
Hey bro, where can i find your thread on where you installed the amp and the tunnel? Im trying to upgrade my 2020 non Bose system but dont want to see the classic amp aux on the trunk i just hate that. Or is it possible to buy all the mazda bose parts and upgrade it as a stock mazda bose?

·
Registered
29 Posts
WTF are you smoking man? Amps on the seats, aux on the trunk??
LoL i just said i don't like the amp being on the trunk behind the rear seats, you know the kind of when you open the trunk you see it affixed on the back of the rear seat or anywhere in the trunk it looks nasty and no mater how much you spent on the amp still looks tacky (from my own personal point of view not trying to offend anyone)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you happen to have pics of that colossal work??

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
LoL i just said i don't like the amp being on the trunk behind the rear seats, you know the kind of when you open the trunk you see it affixed on the back of the rear seat or anywhere in the trunk it looks nasty and no mater how much you spent on the amp still looks tacky (from my own personal point of view not trying to offend anyone)
Oh, so badly written post, makes sense now. Amps are so small these says you can hide a 6 channel in the center console.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts