Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I destroyed one of my side skirts on a curb, and also dented in the rocker panel where the stock side skirt is mounted with those little plastic clips.

how exactly is the kenstyle kit held on? If my stock mounting points are dimpled in, and dont line up... does the kenstyle use them, or is it a screw-in kit?

I'm trying to find a simple and cheap solution, without spending $500+ getting my rocker panel pulled, and fixed just to put a cover over it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's gotta be screwed in
[/b]
Where does it screw into? How many screws, etc?

I have the stock sport kit side skirts now... I dont mind screws or whatnot, but I want to know if the location that I'm screwing into is the damaged part of my rocker panel :)

Its kinda dented in at the middle 3 holes where the stock skirt connects...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well apparently 4U2NV has his molded

"Molded Kenstyle Rear Skirt"

Take it to a shop that has done some bodykit modification, I'm sure they can tell you exactly what they are going to have to do for it.

I highly wouldn't recommend trying to do this yourself. Even the stock side skirts are a pain and they come with a drill template.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well apparently 4U2NV has his molded

"Molded Kenstyle Rear Skirt"

Take it to a shop that has done some bodykit modification, I'm sure they can tell you exactly what they are going to have to do for it.

I highly wouldn't recommend trying to do this yourself. Even the stock side skirts are a pain and they come with a drill template.
[/b]
I have the stock sideskirts already, holes drilled and everything. I broke one, and a member on here is offering to sell me the kenstyle.

I dont have them on hand, but I'm just curious as to how they actually attach compared to stock. I know body parts and will be able to do it myself. Just curious before I purchase :)

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
As I just got my car out of the bodyshop yesterday with the KenStyle skirts I can tell you that they do have to be screwed on. My shop put 2 screws in the front and 2 in the back. I dont know how many underneath.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I only need 4 screws, and no supporting screws in the middle.

You are correct that it isn't possible to screw into the bottom, as there is a 1" gap from the bottom, to the underside of the car!

So, did you use any 3M foam along the lenght of the sideskirt, and along the top where it touches the car?

I have the sideskirts at hand, and they're painting, but no holes and no adhesives/whatever.

Thanks for the advice!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
Clean Baldy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing