Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Looking at a 2021 Mazda, Mazda 6 in deep crystal blue.

I have a 2016 peral white mica, I really like the white color, I have had zero issues with the paint. I am no detailer. I only wash/dry by hand, wax it occasionally, and use the spray detail mists regularly...and that's all I do.

The only white in my area is a reserve, the blue one is a grand touring.

I have never owned a car this dark, any thoughts on any challenges to keep a blue car clean?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wish I had a lighter colour, that's for sure. And personally I really don't like this colour either. In non sunny conditions looks 'real drabby.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Keep it in the garage and never drive it.

But seriously, I've found that ceramics (either professionally applied solids or quality sprays) can keep some of the filth down a bit. And the water beads are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
18,272 Posts
I'm sold on anything Chemical Guys. I was a big Griot's Garage fan for a while until they sold out to Wally-World and quality went down. Chemical Guys have tons of varying products to choose from and I couldn't point you at one or the other because I haven't sampled them all yet. If you want to do some reading, there's a good talk about everything here: 3rd Gen Detailing/Car Care Thread!

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Touring
49 Posts
I have had great luck with the Turtle Wax Ceramic spray. ProjectFarm has a great video of all the spray ceramics and the Turtle Wax was the best by far and is only about $20 a bottle.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 GT
3 Posts
Hi,

Looking at a 2021 Mazda, Mazda 6 in deep crystal blue.

I have a 2016 peral white mica, I really like the white color, I have had zero issues with the paint. I am no detailer. I only wash/dry by hand, wax it occasionally, and use the spray detail mists regularly...and that's all I do.

The only white in my area is a reserve, the blue one is a grand touring.

I have never owned a car this dark, any thoughts on any challenges to keep a blue car clean?

Thanks
I’ve got a 2016 in the dark blue. I love it and would do it all over, but I’ll share my down sides of it. It’s hot, I tinted my windows and keep a sun shield in the windshield in the summer, it helps a lot. Like black, if you scratch the clear coat, it shows. Mine is garaged so dirt isn’t such a big issue, but you’ll need to dry it when washed or it will show water spots. That blue makes a really sharp looking car, I love mine. I was planning on getting a new one next year and am bummed that 2021 is the last one for a while.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We had a 2014 CX5GT with that dark blue, it looked great in the Florida sun, drabby in the shade. The dark blue is one of the few really nice colors not extra cost. Minor scratches do show unfortunately with the dark blue we had. However I would chose that color again it looks that good. Transmission noise around 50 MPH was getting me worried, the neutral start switch was getting had to deal with plus a few other things so it was time to trade it off. My wife spotted a red CX5GT in the lot in 2019 so that is what we have, it's same color for Mazda 6. That red color jumps out next to nearly any red car parked near by.
My near 15 year old black mica MS6 has a feature where the windows can be lowered when with-in reach of the key FOB remote signal, a feature really missed in our CX5 living in Florida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts