Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all....

I keep blowing the fuse and then I have no lights in the rear. This never happened until recently when I installed my fogs which are tapped into my side markers. Just last night the fuse blew on the highway when my gf turned on an interior light inside my car. Any ideas as to why I keep blowing the fuse, should I wire the fogs differently?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're overloading that fuse.
[/b]
Well that's obvious otherwise it wouldn't blow. Does tapping into the sidemarkers for fogs really require that much power? It's just gets annoying that I have to carry spares otherwise I'll get rear ended because my rear lights are off.

^ Jage, do you have your fogs wired the same way?

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't have fogs, but my angel eyes are wired up to my sidemarkers. I had them wired up to them for a while with an old harness with an extra fuse in it, but I replaced it with a different harness so that I could get my angel eyes to fade in and out when I hit the clicker. Thats when it blew out twice, but since then its been ok, so who knows?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I think FOG lights would definatly overload that thing... what are they 50Watts or more, that's like 4Amps or so....

Most installs are done straight to the battery through a relay... at least that would be the best way to do it.

Something else perhaps... did you do that dual brake light mod thing.... <shrug> I dunno.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I blew the fuse again tonight, so I'm just going to run them right to the battery using a relay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well i didnt install any extra light. But right after change of fuse.i turned on the light and it blown again. Should i try with 15amp instead of 10amp?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Well i didnt install any extra light. But right after change of fuse.i turned on the light and it blown again. Should i try with 15amp instead of 10amp?
No, don't replace it with a higher capacity. You should look for the cause of the blown fuse. You must have a shorted wire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No, don't replace it with a higher capacity. You should look for the cause of the blown fuse. You must have a shorted wire.
Sure. Actually i went through some deep waters with front bumper dip areas. Will go and check with electrical guy today. Will ask him to check what amperes are coming in that fuse. Than we will try to find cause for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts