Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting them on and consulting some guys about fitment issues, I feel as though I made a mistake for putting 225/45/18 on Kazera KZ-V 18'' with the Eibach Pro-kit drop.

My only possible saving grace is that my shocks are shot beyond belief and I've got ones already ready to replace them, but I doubt that replacing them will make a large difference in ride height. It might prevent the absurd amount of bouncing...

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
I've got basically the same setup, except on RX8 rims. All you need is to roll the rear fenders. I have a good roll, and I have had zero problems with rubbing

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You think replacing the shocks will improve the height even slightly? I know that brand new shocks versus blown 3 yrd old ones will reduce the bouncyness, but curious if it will help prevent rubbing too. What is the best method for rolling because I've heard about 4 different examples from the ghetto version up to the specail fancy dancy tool...

·
Registered
815 Posts
You think replacing the shocks will improve the height even slightly? I know that brand new shocks versus blown 3 yrd old ones will reduce the bouncyness, but curious if it will help prevent rubbing too. What is the best method for rolling because I've heard about 4 different examples from the ghetto version up to the specail fancy dancy tool...
[/b]
Not going to point and laugh....your car looks great w/ those wheels - hope the new shocks help.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Nice choice..I got the same rims on my car except they are 16's

you should have gotten 215 55/18

but just roll your fenders and you'll be fine

·
Registered
947 Posts
Nice choice..I got the same rims on my car except they are 16's

you should have gotten 215 55/18

but just roll your fenders and you'll be fine
[/b]
I think you meant 215/45/18.

Those are only .06% off from stock.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Go to RZMotoring (most people know it was RacingZone....) its on 436 just past where you cross Colonial (SR 50).... the guys there are awesome and were gonna roll my fenders for me until I didn't have to have it done.... (I think it was gonna be $50)... car looks good

·
Registered
143 Posts
they look great!! ya, just roll the fenders. but looks like they already are? there shouldnt be any problems with your setup.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
looks pretty good...except for the filthy car
tsk tsk posting pictures of a dirty car :nono:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the compliments. I would have preferred the 225/40/18 size tire but heard a few drawbacks such as stiffer sidewall and harsher ride. Well I am happy with my choice.

Going to wash the car and repost some more pics. I might go to that place or I might continue to roll them at work (Orlando Infiniti). The guys been helping me all along so they might help me out some more. Thanks again for all the praise and hope to help influence peoples decision on whether or not to go aftermarket :)

-Justin

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the compliments!

Called RZ Motoring and they wanted $150 for just rolling the rear two fenders and said about an hour per side. That seems a little outrageous to me, although the payoff is probably worth it afterwards.

I'm curious about something though and I want to see if anyone can help. I lowered it at 30,000 miles with the Eibach Pro-Kit and I'm still on stock shocks. Would replacing them with the KYB ones I bought have an adverse affect on the rebound when I hit some bumps around here in Orlando? I'm thinking this would cut down on the rubbing would it not?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm replacing my rear sway bar with the Progress one but haven't done the shocks yet...seeing as I have do work where I work rather than just work on my car :(

Any idea if $150 for rolling the two rear fenders is pricey or should I buy the tool $250~ and rent it out :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't think it would affect the ride height, but will it help reduce the rebound from bumpy roads here in Orlando? Hoping this Progess bar helps reduce body roll.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I dont know about the bumpy roads but the car looks sick!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
15 Participants
austinhusker
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing