Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like it says in the title this is my first time modding a car so any suggestions, criticism, and help along the way would be more than appreciated.

2004 Mazda 6i
Updated 11/4/12:

Interior:
- Blue sound/pulse LED foot well lighting
- Glow gauge overlay
- Custom floor mats (courtesy of TheBlur's thread in interior mods)
- Complete LED swap
- White door handle guards, gauge hood, window controls, small door speaker covers, and dash vents

Exterior:
- Custom black billet front grill
- Ms6 tails (courtesy of kreed)
- Black plasti-dipped rims
- Smoked rear reflectors
- Smoked side turn signals
- Removed door guards
- RSX stubby antenna
- Hella Supertones
- K6 side mirrors
- Sti front lip

My 6 with only the grill & turn signals ( closest pic to starting point I have)

After installing foot well LED's and and gauge overlays

Foot well controls mounted in compartment left of the steering wheel

Gauge dimmer mounted next to the ignition

After removing door guards and Plasti-dipping the rims

After painting some of the interior

New antenna

After LED swap, stuck with all blue

MS6 tails (courtesy of kreed)

Hella Supertones

K6 side mirrors

Sti front lip

like i said all suggestions are greatly appreciated so hit me up!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think im gonna try plasti-dipping my wheels and i planned on tinting it just gotta get the time. idk how much i can lower it because its my daily driver and i live in new england (awful roads) haha but ill deffinitly check it out.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Fog lights, footwell lighting, HID, TINT, new tails for sure!

Big fan of plasti dip. I would almost say plasti em black and do a little red strip around the wheel to match your red tails.. since you got em you might as well make the most of em

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jordan - I'm actually in the process of finishing my foot well led's (hopefully today, just have to be mounted) and as far as fogs and HIDs what should I be looking at? Just a little point in the right direction haha

Kreed - I'm interested for sure :)

Mr. Smoke - What is MOAR LOW :x haha remember I am new to this. and yeah the door guards are coming off this afternoon!

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Moar low means dropping the car weather it be drop springs or coilovers.

With the door guards, just peel each one back a little bit to make sure the car wasnt painted at some point with the guards on. Its pretty rare but there are a few members who cant remove them because of that.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Nice start! If you haven't already, join in on the New England section.. we don't actually know anything, we just BS all day.. hahaha
There are some meets coming up though, including a mod meet at the end of the month where we help each other with mods and do more BS'ing..
^ This! Where in Mass are you located?

·
Administrator
18,575 Posts
Good start sir.

Most of the suggestions are definitely good starts. LEDs on the interior and swapping the bulbs out are nice easy and cheap. Takes a few minutes to swap the bulbs out in your Dome/Map lights and they're about $2 a bulb depending where you get them.

Door guards are super easy to remove but I suggest a heat gun or blow dryer. Makes it about 10x easier and less messy to clean up after.

The eBay grill is what I have, except I painted mine to match the car - so it's a nice mod and clearly visible to other members on here. Smoked tails and markers look really nice on the darker colored cars.

Can also get a custom shift boot from RedLineGoods. They let you choose tons of different combinations and the genuine leather boot is around $40. I have one and I love it - it adds a very nice flare to the interior.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
depending on your budget the apexcone HID kit is good or you can go thru ddmtuning (raptor kit 30$,lifetime warranty). I dont really have a rec on fog lights for your year 6, i went a custom route but im sure if you google your year + fog lights you will find some stuff and im shur the other guys with you model will chime in on that. Lets see those footwells!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so where's the best place to get bulbs to swap interior and what type of bulbs? I if there's already a thread just link it to save you some time Haha. Pulled my door guards off today and got most of the adhesive off but my son woke up from his nap so I have to wax/buff it for a nice finish. And definitely going to check out fogs thanks for the info and I'm going to post pics of my led's tonight, wait for it to be a little darker.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys, it's all incredibly helpful

·
Administrator
18,575 Posts
All Bulb #'s :)

Here you are sir. I got all my LEDs off of Autolumination.com - some people like V-LEDs and others also use ebay - I've personally had my LEDs from Autolumination in for about a year with no problems.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.