1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That is a different (weaker) version of our K04 turbo that they use to upgrade from the stock K03 turbo. That would actually be a down-grade, however I have heard of people swapping the guts out of that turbo and putting different guts in to make a "hybrid bad-ass", if you will.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah and they're only talking about 300whp I beleive. I've got much higher goals for myself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
That is a different (weaker) version of our K04 turbo that they use to upgrade from the stock K03 turbo. That would actually be a down-grade, however I have heard of people swapping the guts out of that turbo and putting different guts in to make a "hybrid bad-ass", if you will.
[/b]
What about the Audi RS4 conversion k04? I know nothing about turbos. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/awe_rsk04/index.cfm

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
What about the Audi RS4 conversion k04? I know nothing about turbos. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/gallery/awe_rsk04/index.cfm
[/b]
Dude, why did you show me that? Now ya got me thinking about twins!

I'm sure one of those wouldn't bolt right up, but with some custom work getting done...

Twins on this motor would be phenominal!

Tuning, Tuning, Tuning!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dude, why did you show me that? Now ya got me thinking about twins!

I'm sure one of those wouldn't bolt right up, but with some custom work getting done...

Twins on this motor would be phenominal!

Tuning, Tuning, Tuning!!!
[/b]

Twins rock.. I love my old s4 power delivery... Smoooooth.

Check out the k04 mentioned on the site. Maybe this is different/same from the k04 we have. I would think these legendary upgrades (in the audi world at least) have some type of inner housing hybrid available or something. I guess the point I am driving is, if we share a similar k04 (some believe we do, some dont) then a ton of reasearch has already been done.

Maybe just wishfull thinking.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah, now I'm starting to think that if this one "special" K04 isn't quite enough, how far could two of them take it? Innercooler would definately be a bitch, unless we could merge the pipes pre-ic.

Damn it, what the hell am I getting myself into now?!?!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Twins on a 4 cylinder is a waste. Stick to one turbo. Only cars that have twins are V engines and the few Inline 6's that came with sequential turbos, which would still be not as good as one turbo on our car. Not to say you can't do it so much as it would not be worth it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Twins on a 4 cylinder is a waste. Stick to one turbo. Only cars that have twins are V engines and the few Inline 6's that came with sequential turbos, which would still be not as good as one turbo on our car. Not to say you can't do it so much as it would not be worth it.
[/b]
Opel uses it on inline 4s with a great deal of success. I really think there could alot of potential here.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The only realy problem with it is finding someone that can actually fabricate everything needed to make it work and how would two turbos fit? wouldn't there be some fitment problems behind the engine...just my thoughts...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Opel uses it on inline 4s with a great deal of success. I really think there could alot of potential here.
[/b]
Are they gas or diesel powered? And are they parallel or sequential? Never heard of opel using it. Only one place I knew of it being done and that was on a drag car. Though it was a LARGE 4 cylinder. Something ridiculous though.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Lokk a few posts down...

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/printthread.php?t=31247

The second turbo could be down close to where our enormous 1st cat is located and intake air from under the car (with a protective water sheild of coarse. There would be alot of intence fabrication, and I've got shops that are capable of such things.

·
Registered
788 Posts
All we have around here are hillbillies, so that kind of fabrication won't work for me...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
....... And are they parallel or sequential?
[/b]
Neither

Per the pics, it has large and small staged (ie series) turbo layout, where one compressor feeds the other, but with controls. Basically runs off just small one at low end, big feeds small midrange, and all big high end. Nice concept, no room in MS6 if one could control it.

GT30R single should snap axles

·
Registered
353 Posts
Neither

Per the pics, it has large and small staged (ie series) turbo layout, where one compressor feeds the other, but with controls. Basically runs off just small one at low end, big feeds small midrange, and all big high end. Nice concept, no room in MS6 if one could control it.

GT30R single should snap axles
[/b]
Thats what I meant by sequential. Sorry for the wording. I meant one feeding the other one, just like some diesels do. IMO though its just more weight, more piping and more crap in there when one turbo is plenty enough. Thats my opinion though.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Are they gas or diesel powered? And are they parallel or sequential? Never heard of opel using it. Only one place I knew of it being done and that was on a drag car. Though it was a LARGE 4 cylinder. Something ridiculous though. [/b]
Some of the early 90's turbo Subaru Legacy's used twins, however it's a flat 4, not an inline. They just connected a turbo to each exhaust manifold (as flat 4's have 2 heads). If I'm not mistaken I believe it was a 2.0L, not that large of a 4 cylinder, and the turbos were sequential. Just thought I would throw that in there.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You guys pu together your twins, give me your total budget and i will build my car UNDER that gudget, and it wil be QUICKER, more RELIABLE, and EASIER to drive and maintain.... keep dreaming guys it is fun , but be realistic, twins on a single turbo factory car is not gonna happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts