Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new K&N air filter for $30.00! I love it! sounds meaner (with airbox mod) and It could just be in my head but I swear she picks up faster around 2k rpm than she used to. I would suggest this to anybody who doesnt want to mess with the CPE or with a CEL from a CAI. And for 30 bucks... gotta love it! :laugh: :love:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just got a new K&N air filter for $30.00! I love it! sounds meaner (with airbox mod) and It could just be in my head but I swear she picks up faster around 2k rpm than she used to. I would suggest this to anybody who doesnt want to mess with the CPE or with a CEL from a CAI. And for 30 bucks... gotta love it! :laugh: :love:
[/b]
Glad you're enjoying it. :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just be careful. There are some bad experiences out there with the K&N filter. Mainly, it does not filter near as good as a paper filter but thats why it has the better flow. Its a give and take depending on what you prefer.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry I should have included that I now work for Baxter Auto Parts and get all my stuff at cost +10%! :slap:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just be careful. There are some bad experiences out there with the K&N filter. Mainly, it does not filter near as good as a paper filter but thats why it has the better flow. Its a give and take depending on what you prefer.
[/b]
Theonly harm a K&N will do is if you over oil it. hat will cause the oil to creep into the intake and scew the MAF. The filtration will have no to extremely little ill-effects over the lifetime of the car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Theonly harm a K&N will do is if you over oil it. hat will cause the oil to creep into the intake and scew the MAF. The filtration will have no to extremely little ill-effects over the lifetime of the car.
[/b]
I just dont think its worth the $$$ if you dont drive a LOT

·
Registered
352 Posts
[/b]
Most people who have problems with K&N, have problems, because they OVER OIL the filter. Be careful, people. You will have problems if you soak it. A light oiling is all it takes and you shouldn't have any problems.

They are much more than K&N, though.

·
Registered
510 Posts
You need to worry about more than just over oiling the K&N and screwing up your MAF. There are actually a lot of UOAs with K&Ns that show increased levels of Si which in turn can increase the wear metal counts from the engine. Its not horrific or anything but will shorten the life of the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
badtlc
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing