Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a K&N FIPK (Fuel Injection Performance Kit - cheesy name, I know, but read on) on my Civic and loved it. Basically it's an SRI with a heat shield around the filter to block some of the heat. It doesn't keep the heat away like a CAI but it's in the engine bay so it's not prone to any hydrolock issues - provided you don't drive your car under water. It's better than an SRI because it's located farther away from the exhaust, etc. and has a shield partially blocking the radiant heat from the motor. Seems like the best situation for someone that doesn't want to worry about water and would like to clean the air filter without having to remove the fender shroud to get to it. Anyway, you can request that K&N make on on their site using this link: http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/d...d=6&en=2.3L You'll have to change the make to MAZDASPEED6 as that option wasn't available and select FIPK.

Still a noob around here so if this in poor taste or against the rules, flame on.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I think its a good add to the list of options for our car. Thx for the info.

·
Registered
315 Posts
do you have any link off of k&n that shows the basic design? I tried looking but it's like a guessing game because you have to enter the vehicle info....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hmm I emailed them a while back. This is the reply I got back. Hopefully it works again..

Dear Valued K&N Customer,

At this time K&N has not released a performance intake system for your vehicle. If you'd like to be notified if/when a system is released for your vehicle, please visit our Product Request page at http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx and take a minute to fill out the form. You will be notified via e-mail when a product is released. (The system will automatically send you an e-mail with all current products available or confirmation that we do not have what you are looking for, and future e-mails will be sent if new products become available).

There is no firm plans at this time to offer one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts