Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I just got my mazda last Wednesday and I'm loving it!

My question to you guys is... I need a New Air Filter and I'm thinking about getting a K&N Filter. Do you think that's a good investment and can I "feel" the difference once I install it?

Also, where can I get it from? The best price I've got is $37 from www.autopartswarehouse.com . Do you think anybody else can beat this one?

One more thing... There have been only two recalls on the 03 right?

·
Registered
133 Posts
i just put one in my 06 i and you can notice a little bit of a difference in acceleration and the engine sounds a little bit meaner.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you go with the k&n, you will need to make sure that you keep it oiled or it might let in some stuff that it isn't sopposed to i.e. dust, dirt.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks!
I think I'm just gonna order it from the above website... think they have it for the chepest price!
[/b]
its the same place i bought mine through. That's pretty close to the cheapest that you will find on the net.

If you go with the k&n, you will need to make sure that you keep it oiled or it might let in some stuff that it isn't sopposed to i.e. dust, dirt.
[/b]
thanks, are you talking about using the K&N cleaning kit oil?

·
Registered
704 Posts
thanks, are you talking about using the K&N cleaning kit oil?
[/b]
Yes use the oil in the cleaning kit.

How often am I supposed to clean it?

And how should I clean it?
[/b]
When you look at it, it should be red in color. If it starts to turn dark red to brown, clean it according to the directions on the kit

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered a K&N air filter tonight for my '04 6i from ajusa.com for $37.50 with free shipping. Also ordered one for my '06 F-150 and bought the Filter Care Kit ($9.95) with a bottle of cleaner and oil. They wanted almost $20 for a cheap Fram paper filter at the local autoparts store for the 6. Last air filters I'll need to buy for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you guys!
I'm glad I joined this forum!

Somehow, behind my engine there are two blue stickers with campaign numbers... and to the best of my knowledge... those are the stickers from recalls.

I may be wrong!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, they do!
I was just asking so that I'd know where to go and what to tell them!
hehe...
Thanks for all the info!
I just ordered a K&N from amazon.com , I never knew that they sold car parts also! lol :) I also ordered one from ajusa.com cuz they were offering two day shipping for just 4.95 (thinking I could just cancel the order from Amazon... but oh I was soo wrong! It was already in the process!)

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Agreed ^. I had a K&N filter in for a few days before I put the K&N cai. I didn't feel any difference for either of them. LOL... Live and learn.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^ lol... good to know that!
You din't feel difference for either of them?!

Well.. I can't wait til wednesday... I'll be getting mine on wednesday... so yeah!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
^ lol... good to know that!
You din't feel difference for either of them?!

Well.. I can't wait til wednesday... I'll be getting mine on wednesday... so yeah!
[/b]
Before Wednesday, you might want to read several threads at this link (a forum at BobIsTheOilGuy.com). There is definitely a love/hate relationship among really knowledgable people concerning K&N air filters. (No such disparity exists with regard to K&N oil filters, which are pretty much loved by everyone.)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts