Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know, I threw a "too lean off idle" CEL the other day with a K&N Typhoon intake. I freakin' bought this intake because I didn't think I'd have a problem with CEL's. Now I have a scanner, and I should've just gone with the Injen or something to get the better gains. I guess no CAI (besides CPE) is immune to the CEL's on this car. But we already knew that. I was hoping the K&N wouldn't throw one due to the lower gains and all, but oh well. Anyone need their car scanned in the Cleveland area let me know.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Wow, thats crazy. I was going to use this CAI as well, since they seem to be the only one that offer a C.A.R.B. exempt # for California smog. This will make me re-think this mod for sure. Bummer!

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Silly rabbits...when will you learn there is no getting around the ECU, without correcting the air/fuel ratio

CPE or a Properly tuned APexi.....make your choice

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I wish I had a dollar for every post I see like this.
[/b]
You'd be a rich man .....my friend

Basically people Just deal with it, call the little engine led a dash ornament if it makes you sleep at night.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or scan it, confirm the code an clear it. Problem solved.

Sorry, just can't spend $500 on that CPE man. Not on the i. Even after the scanner purchase I'm still at half the price. Call me silly all you want, but with the i, the CPE's not worth it IMO.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
You know I thought the CP-E wasn't worth it either at the beginning, but....It has a chip that tunes the A/F ratio of the car, pulling HP across the whole powerband...The tuneable CP-E is worth getting on the i. The Non tunable isn't. With our AEM,Injen, and Typhoon Cai's We are not utilizing our engines A/f Full capabilities...Not to mention the fact that If we slap on these Headers coming out soon; We will need an efficient way to regulate all that air coming in....

To tell you the truth ...I'm thinking about selling My AEM , and getting the tunable CP-E MAfi...Or keeping the AEM and get an apexi Super AFC2

·
Registered
434 Posts
i use the injen, first fews months i used it without the wind deflector and threw cels left and right. put the deflector on a few months ago and havent gotten the cel light. i know theres a pending cel lurking somewhere, but its better to have a pending than the lighted cel.... such an eye sore.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
drkazndragon
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing