Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHERE THE HELL ARE TO6ERS??? looks dead for quite some time now.... it's spring guys!! u guys should be talking about upcoming mods to ur 6 !! everyone been busy lately???

·
Registered
255 Posts
lol...as for me...we just did our HID + DDE's...etc...out of $$ for extra mods (T___________T) and also most members who are students are either just finishing their finals or working hard for $$...

but hey~~~ lets gather out some time guys~~~~ havent seen u guys for a long time~~~~!!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
just started a new gym program...the supplements alone hurt my wallet...the only thing I got on my to do list is a bunch of free mods...in my signature...and installing my anzos

·
Registered
771 Posts
ya iv noticed that as well, nobody is active on the forums as much as they use to be during the shitty weather..........

i mean does that even make sense??? ya ya ur working, studying, spending time with the family, but wha about our brothers and sisters dont forget bout the 6's we love so dearly......my 6 is getting lonely she needs to see her family....no other 6's here from where im at!!

i for one have taken advantage of the good weather last weeken and went over to Tim's place to get some fog hid's and DDe's installed along with Derrick, it was a WicKed-Mini-Install meet......hey i even got the frree air-box mod done to my car, Definate improvement in sound...(for some reason the car drives better as well) . Thanks again to both Tim and Derrick (pics can be found in the other thread). Derriks got me lookin for an Intake, I love his sound..so deeeeeep.......but those arent the only plans tho........springs and rims are comming soon and possibly even the magnaflow exhausts......ok ok enough dreaming back to the topic.........

i know that paul and Haroon are busy with their "project" but what about the rest of you guys........lets pull another Milliken park meet or something similar.....20 cars was it??.......i wasnt able to join you guys that time since my 6 wasnt due to delivery till the next day....but we should defiantley exceed that amount by now....... i mean Pur6, Diablo_6 and atenza43 have all told me there willing to come out.....
so lets get a meet going.....and show these Toronto toy-cars how its done...STRAIGHT GOODZ...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd be in....

as for the empty forum...I am on every night...but nobody else is here either..so no post whoring for me :(....its fun going back and forth once in a while like an MSN conversation with meaning...

As far as weather goes....its fantastic...nobody wants to be inside on there comp when they could be outside waxing their car...unless Im the only one thats waxes their car over and over and over again...jk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I've made a personal choice to cut back on how much I post, which might get misinterpreted as me no longer being interested in the the club. I assure you this is not the case at all. I still read the forum every day. I just keep quiet more than before.

Also, since Jan of this year, I'm a member of two forums now since I got the other Mazda. That car's taken up every bit of my free time and we're still not done.

If there are plans to hold a Milliken-style BBQ meet... better make it before June.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i say we hold that miliken bbq meet again
that was awesome!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I got my Anzos installed tonight.....had to pull the whole freaken bumper off because my weak ass hands couldn't push them off from underneath...

just as well I guess, I would have had problems with the horn on the other side.

I also popped out the solid cover that a fog light would go in. Until I come up with serious funds I am going to be driving around with the one side open so my CP-E can breathe. It looks very odd, but I need it open...i want to see what having free air can do for it. Its that or it physically has to suck the air up through a tiny little hole which is uber DUMB!

That's all for now...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ive been buried under a pile of books the past few months. Have a sort break and then the course overload for the summer starts. Great..

I still lurk usually.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've been pretty much a forum lurker till now, if you compare my join date with my post count... haha.

But i've decided to start posting lately as i'm getting closer to being able to mod my car the way I would like it.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Well that makes three of us "Water-loosers"...and 'kills' out in Woodstock.

I have seen two Speed 6's around town, but no sign of them on this forum. Maybe I should start putting out fliers on windshields at the mall :p

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I also popped out the solid cover that a fog light would go in. Until I come up with serious funds I am going to be driving around with the one side open so my CP-E can breathe.
[/b]
Whether its my clutch is burning out, or the car is not happy...at 100 kph the car is struggling...lurching even....not a smooth ride. I'm either running it too lean or like I said the clutch is shot. I will be putting the fog light cap back on and seeng if it makes a difference.

I don't notice anything with the tack other than subtle fluctuations....so that doesn't seem to help me any.

If it were my clutch I wouldn't be surprised. I can't mention street racing, so I was merely "playing" around with another car a few nights ago. I droped the clutch at 6900 rpm as I would normally do, got on the gas...and the car just hung...and hung...and continued to hang at 6000 while I didnot accelerate. I kept wanting it to engage but it didn't. I finally had to left off the gas and consider it a loss. I pulled into the gas station....and it smelt like burning brakes....the familiar smell of a clutch going bad.

I drove the car home, and the next day i put it through a bunch of tests...put it in 5th gear and let the clutch out...does the car move any? Not really a little. Hesitant and not a clean cut out but not big a problem to worry me yet. I also did a 3rd gear pull from 10 kph to 120 kph....watching the tach....still not tach bounce.

Maybe it was just a missed shift....a reallly BADLY missed shift....but it wouldn't surprise me. I have 75,000 kms on a clutch that has never been replaced...many people are complaing at 40 000 miles (64 000 kms)....but it depends on driving style i guess....i could burn out a clutch in 10 mins if I wanted to...know what i mean....

but anyways....back to my point...i don't like the way my car is running with excesive air being pushed at it...even with the MafCi...maybe its tring to work on fixing A:F ratios and thats why I am feeling a shudder.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Well that makes three of us "Water-loosers"...and 'kills' out in Woodstock.

I have seen two Speed 6's around town, but no sign of them on this forum. Maybe I should start putting out fliers on windshields at the mall :p
[/b]
Are you sure one of those ms6s isn't me? I'm in k/w nearly every weekend at my friends house.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have seen two Speed 6's around town, but no sign of them on this forum.[/b]
I've definitely seen a black Speed around town. I usually envy him, curse him, and then come to terms with it being the superior car within 5 seconds of seeing it every time. So goes the story of the 6i.... haha

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think u guys need to buy the 6club decals !!! so that we know u r in the forum..lol... whenever i see mazda6, i would look for the decal or the sidemarker mod or the taillight mod... if none, then they are not in the forum.. lol.... 3 waterloo(sers)? 4 actually.... add wolfewerx too.. he is in waterloo (lapis blue v6) but he hardly post anything anymore...

Whether its my clutch is burning out, or the car is not happy...at 100 kph the car is struggling...lurching even....not a smooth ride. I'm either running it too lean or like I said the clutch is shot. I will be putting the fog light cap back on and seeng if it makes a difference.

I don't notice anything with the tack other than subtle fluctuations....so that doesn't seem to help me any.

If it were my clutch I wouldn't be surprised. I can't mention street racing, so I was merely "playing" around with another car a few nights ago. I droped the clutch at 6900 rpm as I would normally do, got on the gas...and the car just hung...and hung...and continued to hang at 6000 while I didnot accelerate. I kept wanting it to engage but it didn't. I finally had to left off the gas and consider it a loss. I pulled into the gas station....and it smelt like burning brakes....the familiar smell of a clutch going bad.

I drove the car home, and the next day i put it through a bunch of tests...put it in 5th gear and let the clutch out...does the car move any? Not really a little. Hesitant and not a clean cut out but not big a problem to worry me yet. I also did a 3rd gear pull from 10 kph to 120 kph....watching the tach....still not tach bounce.

Maybe it was just a missed shift....a reallly BADLY missed shift....but it wouldn't surprise me. I have 75,000 kms on a clutch that has never been replaced...many people are complaing at 40 000 miles (64 000 kms)....but it depends on driving style i guess....i could burn out a clutch in 10 mins if I wanted to...know what i mean....

but anyways....back to my point...i don't like the way my car is running with excesive air being pushed at it...even with the MafCi...maybe its tring to work on fixing A:F ratios and thats why I am feeling a shudder.
[/b]
lol... i guess it's the fog light insert that causes that... too much air?? lol... probably you should get the sport lower fog... it has mesh... which probably good for ur cpe...

i dont know about the clutch though... i hardly drive that way...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Are you sure one of those ms6s isn't me? I'm in k/w nearly every weekend at my friends house.
[/b]
Yep. One red and one gun-metal-grey-or-whatever-the-hell-it's called. But now I'll know who it is if I see a black one around :D

I've definitely seen a black Speed around town. I usually envy him, curse him, and then come to terms with it being the superior car within 5 seconds of seeing it every time. So goes the story of the 6i.... haha
[/b]
Yeah I know how you feel. Then I look at the price of Sunoco 94 whenever I fuel up, and I feel *slightly* better...

i think u guys need to buy the 6club decals !!! so that we know u r in the forum..lol... whenever i see mazda6, i would look for the decal or the sidemarker mod or the taillight mod... if none, then they are not in the forum.. lol...
[/b]
HAH! Bone stock baby! Stayin' that way, to. Fix-er-upper-house = MONEY_PIT!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HAH! Bone stock baby! Stayin' that way, to. Fix-er-upper-house = MONEY_PIT!!
[/b]
lol.... u in kitchener or waterloo? we should caravan to the next meet....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Home is Waterloo. As for work, the home office is in Kitchener, but I get sent all over the damn place...

Funny that you mentioned wolfewerx and a lapis blue v6...someone has a lapis blue, with GFX and nice rims right around the corner from me

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Home is Waterloo. As for work, the home office is in Kitchener, but I get sent all over the damn place...

Funny that you mentioned wolfewerx and a lapis blue v6...someone has a lapis blue, with GFX and nice rims right around the corner from me
[/b]
ahh i c.... which part of waterloo?

ehmm yes i think he got a new set of rims... havent met him in person though... and he said he lives near bridgeport and weber area..

·
Registered
682 Posts
HA! That's my 'hood...yo!

That has to be him...or her...could've sworn I saw a younger-ish blond girl driving it a while ago.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
10 Participants
t_mo_t
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing