Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wait is over, the choice is made. After almost 6 months of research and test-driving...

Today I drove back home on the Speed Yellow 6i (with all available options [US]). My reasoning behind that: I wanted to have maximum safety package in the car and as a result all options got selected :sarc

My head is still spinning a bit after so many signed papers.

-Bob

The funny thing is that just before I went to pick it up, I read the thread about tapping noise from valves in the engine. I heard the sound but it went away after 15 seconds. After that it purred like a kitten. The annoyance might get me after a while, but hey no car is absolutely perfect.

The car is beautiful: inside and out. I just wish the paint stayed the way it is for years to come! Thinking about getting ToughGuard...

Going to get some sleep it is 2 am... :zzz

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Just took delivery of yellow 6'

Congrats to your purchase!!! :D

·
Registered
510 Posts

Congratulations Bob !!

Sounds like a great car !!

I take it yours is 2.3 litre model, which seems to be having the Engine rattling on start-up.

Mine is "affected" as well, but from what I have heard, this is all normal, Might mention it at service time just to be sure !!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Welcome Bob, now your fun begins. :D

Oh, please update your profile to include your location. Answers to many 6 questions will depend on what country you are from.

ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics Pics pics :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I don't know if anyone mentioned it....but we want pics too.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks for the warm words. :)

I'll post pictures soon. (Don't have digital camera, so it will be a few days)

-Bob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Sorry guys. It took a while. My scanner went down. Plus I have analog camera.

So here they are. Pardon the quality.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reading Topic: Just took delivery of yellow 6

Um, Bob? I hate to tell you this, but I think there's been a mistake.
I think you somehow mistakenly got MY car instead of yours. Yeah, see, I also ordered a Speed Yellow i AT with all the safety and other mandary packages. How MY car ended up all the way out in freakin' Oregon instead of the Mitten State is beyond me - I have no idea. But obviously it did. So...if you'll just turn those keys over to me, there won't be any trouble. Okay? Okay.

:D :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by mazdamarla

Um, Bob?  I hate to tell you this, but I think there's been a mistake.
I think you somehow mistakenly got MY car instead of yours.  Yeah, see, I also ordered a Speed Yellow i AT with all the safety and other mandary packages. How MY car ended up all the way out in freakin' Oregon instead of the Mitten State is beyond me - I have no idea. But obviously it did.  So...if you'll just turn those keys over to me, there won't be any trouble.  Okay?  Okay.  

:D  :D  [/b]
:) Marla, this is the best compliment so far! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Originally posted by mazdamarla

Um, Bob?  I hate to tell you this, but I think there's been a mistake.
I think you somehow mistakenly got MY car instead of yours.  Yeah, see, I also ordered a Speed Yellow i AT with all the safety and other mandary packages. How MY car ended up all the way out in freakin' Oregon instead of the Mitten State is beyond me - I have no idea. But obviously it did.  So...if you'll just turn those keys over to me, there won't be any trouble.  Okay?  Okay.  

:D  :D  [/b]
And just think, you were gonna wait for the hatch. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Just took delivery of yellow 6

Marla, are you waiting for the hatch?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts