Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. I did the unthinkable. I have change my colour of choice. I originally wanted the Sonic Blue so badly but when the car actually came into the showroom. I had the chance to see both colour side by side and right away I had to have the Dark Grey. The blue was not what I expected. I was hoping for a little lighter colour more toward the Protege Laser Blue. If I wanted a bright colour like blue it had to be a bit more flashier. So I took the grey which is very grand and mysterious as black but not so dark.

I hope I did not make a mistake with the grey. They grey did have a sort of greenish tint to it which is not bad since I prefer green over blue. :)

I take delivery in the middle of March. Now it is just the waiting game, the tough part.

Mazda 6GT w/GFX package
options:
5sp AT
MP3 player
Sport Grill
15% tint

I promise I will post pictures when I take delivery. But just a sample, it looks similar to my avatar except that you will notice that the avatar has the lip spoiler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Just purchased a Dark Grey Mazda 6GT w/GFX'

Eric's Flurry O' Questions: (wording chose to reflect this weekend's expected foot of snow!)

GFX package has what in it?

what is the GT model of the 6?

what is the sport grill? is it the normal grill that comes on the US sports package?

why can ants lift 50 times their weight, yet they can't lift 50 ants?

-Eric

·
Registered
111 Posts
Reading Topic: Just purchased a Dark Grey Mazda 6GT w/GFX

Oh, and congrats on the new car! There's nothing like the feeling of taking out your new car on it's first drive as YOUR car!

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts

Originally posted by JivinFlava

Eric's Flurry O' Questions:   (wording chose to reflect this weekend's expected foot of snow!)

GFX package has what in it?

what is the GT model of the 6?

what is the sport grill? is it the normal grill that comes on the US sports package?

why can ants lift 50 times their weight, yet they can't lift 50 ants?

-Eric[/b]
Canada equipment level and option names are different than US. Go to www.mazda.ca to check it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

Mazda 6GT w/GFX package
options:
5sp AT
MP3 player
Sport Grill
15% tint

I promise I will post pictures when I take delivery.  But just a sample, it looks similar to my avatar except that you will notice that the avatar has the lip spoiler.[/b]
Congrats, just want to know how much you paid, for the car and each option.

Do you have to loose the 6CD change for the MP3 player? What does the MP3 player looks like. Where is it going to display the text?

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

I hope I did not make a mistake with the grey.  They grey did have a sort of greenish tint to it which is not bad since I prefer green over blue. :)[/b]
Hmmm... Could this be the elusive Green Metallic color? I remember it not being available here in the states yet, but perhaps it's availalbe elsewhere now? Just curious..

·
Registered
205 Posts

hieppo,

Congrats on your purchase.

Did you purchase it with the CAA program or something else?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

NICE

Originally posted by Absolut

I hope I did not make a mistake with the grey.  They grey did have a sort of greenish tint to it which is not bad since I prefer green over blue. :)[/b]
Hmmm... Could this be the elusive Green Metallic color? I remember it not being available here in the states yet, but perhaps it's availalbe elsewhere now? Just curious..[/b][/quote]

I don't think so. The Sepang Green that I am thinking you refer to looked more silvery, and nowhere near as dark as the gray.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Yep that's what I'm going for. Minus the MP3 player. I'm going to do the tint later providing that I think the car looks better with it than without.

15% around the back and 35% in the fronts. That keeps the Popo happy :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

If it is a standard Mazda part, the Mp3-player sits in the same place as the changer - you can't have both.

·
Registered
51 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

If it is a standard Mazda part, the Mp3-player sits in the same place as the changer - you can't have both.[/b]
I guess that much but how are the text being displayed? I think if they put a display at the little window where the cassette goes into would be best.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

MP3 replaces the 6CD changer. The text display where all other dispaly go, right at the top near the bin. It won't have ID tag support but it will have the name of the file anyway.

Sepang Green is definitely different than the Dark Grey. It just in certain angle the Grey has a greenish tint to it.

I prefer the factory tinting since they seem to always do a better job at it than aftermarket. The tint last longer. That is just my experience anyway. 15% is the most I will do all around. Anything higher is just too dark especially on a dark coloured car already.

To explain about all the models and packages and option would take too long. It is best if you check the Canadian Mazda site to compare it to other market. Though, both the Canadian and US version are made from the same plant, they differ in packages and pricing.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! The waiting part really sucks, but it makes the feeling when you actually get the car even happier :)

Regarding the sepang green: I saw an actual swatch of the sepang green and to me, it seems similar to this color (my parents' Skoda Octavia):

The Mazda swatch may have been a little lighter, but this is the general tone of that color IMO. Not that it matters much, it seems that it won't make production from what I've read (some problems with supplier or something).

·
Registered
111 Posts

Czechmate, that is one hell of a view behind that car! where was that picture taken???

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by CzechMate

..Not that it matters much, it seems that it won't make production from what I've read (some problems with supplier or something).[/b]
They should replace it with Titanium.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Czechmate, that is one hell of a view behind that car! where was that picture taken???[/b]
That was taken in Czech Republic on my vacation there two summers ago. It's in the south/east region near the small city of Trebic - my home town.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Just purchased a Dark Grey Mazda 6GT w/GFX'

Titanium would have been much better but I can live with Dark Grey. It is not half bad in person. Pictures does not do it justice. Unlike the Sonic Blue, it looks so much better in pictures than in image, IMHO anyway.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Yes I've seen the Dark Gray (if it's the same Steel Grey we get here) and It definitely does look very nice in person.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Yep. All the colours are the same in both Canada and US. They have the same colour code. They just like to play with words for particular market.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts