Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just traded in my Jetta on a new Velocity Red MS6. The only thing it did not have that I really wanted was Navi. Already ordered a StreetPilot 7200 which should fit just perfect in the map bin with its 7" screen.

I drove the MS6 earlier this week and then proceeded to look at a bunch of other cars including a new SPec.B, Acural RL, GTO, etc. While there were things I liked about all of the other vehicles (usually related to more refined interiors), nothing came close to the value of the MS6. Especially with the rebates and discounts I think the MS6 is the best kept secret in performance sedans since the Alfa 164S. The GTO was sweet but I really need 4 doors.

After my first drive I read some of the automotive rags and they had me questioning the MS6. I am soooo glad I took it for another test drive. Dealer was great, he threw me the keys and said to take as long as I needed. I do not know what the reviewers were hearing when they talked about noise. The interior may not be up to par with the Germans or Lexus but it is very nice and for the money is perfect. I have had no issues with the clutch, ride is perfect for a sport sedan, and yes this thing is FAST. Zoom, zoom is right! I should probably thank R&T and C&D magazines, they helped me essentially steal an awesome vehicle. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome , Im sure u will enjoy.

·
Registered
679 Posts
an RL? Man that car is about $55k....if you can afford that why get a MS6?

·
Registered
86 Posts
an RL? Man that car is about $55k....if you can afford that why get a MS6?
[/b]

Those cars are completely different, the RL is going for 44K or so unless you get the Technology Package (Run Flats and Collision Mitigation) thats what I paid for my 06. I have heard of people paying less. Its a good car for the money. The MS6 is a great car for the money but the RL blows it away for driving in traffic. I use the RL when I'm driving to NYC and the MS6 for getting to the office. Luckily my drive to work is short and quick. M6 is great for as a daily driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts