Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching my next car purchase for over a year now and I'm happy to say that today I decided on the Mazda 6 :D . What a wondeful car this is! It fits everything I need and want right now. I'd like to know how I made out compared to other owners...

Here are the particulars:

Fully loaded 6s with sport package, leather, Bose, moonroof, 5 spd, air bags, and aluminum fuel door.

Price: $23039
Deposit on order: $500
ETA: up to 16 weeks

So how'd I do?...And no I don't get the employee discount.

BTW. Will I be able to add the MP3 player and Navigation system later ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reading Topic: Just ordered a Yellow 6s 5spd !

Congrats. Man... with all these people buying their new Mazda 6s', I'm really tempted to just forget about waiting a year for the hatchback and just buy the 6s sedan.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Great Price man! How did you pull that off? That seems like its below invoice!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Just ordered a Yellow 6s 5spd !'

Originally posted by Jonnyspeed6s

Fully loaded 6s with sport package, leather, Bose, moonroof, 5 spd, air bags, and aluminum fuel door.

Price: $23039
Deposit on order: $500
ETA: up to 16 weeks

So how'd I do?...And no I don't get the employee discount.[/b]
Wow! I agree with Stew; how did you pull that off?? I ordered my steel gray 6s 2 weeks ago with almost the same options as you -- minus the leather, moonroof, extra air bags, and aluminum fuel door, and add a cassette player and auto-dim mirror -- for $22390. You got all that extra stuff for a mere $700 more. I'm impressed! :)

Congratulations, by the way! Now comes the hard part, huh? The wait......:zzz

·
Registered
442 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Just ordered a Yellow 6s 5spd !'

Congrats on your new 6. Yes you will be able to add the MP3 Player which is supposed to be avaiable some time this month, or early April. As for the Navigation System, im sure you will be able to add it at a later date, whenever/if Mazda decides to release one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks guys...

Here's how I got the price...

About a month ago I did research on this car including invoice pricing and dealer holdback. We were going to trade my wifes Jetta to get the 6. I really beat up the sales guy over the price, and the sales mgr was impressed that I knew so much about the "real" numbers. Unfortunately they were not giving us anywhere near what we needed in trade for the Jetta so we walked out.

Part 2

I took my wife to the auto show to decide what vehicle I would get next when my lease is up in June. We decided on the 6. So we went to that same dealer to test drive the car again. I told the dealer what I wanted to order and I said "You know me, I also know what I want to pay". He added up the MSRP numbers and it came out to about $26K Then he added another column of numbers that came out to $23K and he circled the words "S Plan" and asked me if that was what I was thinking... I was ready to go up to $24.5, but I quickly agreed :) It just so happens that the dealer was supposed to be off that day, but they were so busy that he got called in. He was tired and hungover and not happy about being there. I don't think he wanted to deal with me so he just lowballed the price. We signed the purchase agreement, gave him $500 for a deposit (he wanted $2500) and went home very happy :)

I'm not a Mazda or Ford employee, but I'll take it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts