Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally broke down and bought and installed one over the weekend. So my questions are for people who have already installed these on their cars. The black vinyl hose that came with the intake, does anyone else feel this could have been a bit longer? I spent almost 30min looking at a way to install this hose w/o putting a kink in the line. So now I just have to find someone that sells this hose to get a longer piece, no biggie. But today, I was showing it off to my friend (hood popped, no racing,just sitting with the car running) and I notice a new smell coming from the car. Then on pulling away the car puffed some white smoke momentarily and then cleared and nothing since. Anyone else experience this?

ßill

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Do a search in the Engine/Drivetrain forum. There are several threads on the Fujita CAI. I experienced similar install issues with the breather hose as you did. I posted what I did here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=57751 in post $3.

A few days after that post I put appropriate sized hose clamps on the rad hose I used. The connection with the hard plastic elbow is still just a slip on fitting though. Never experienced any funny smells, white smoke, or CEL. We had a ton of rain (about 10inches) over a week period back in November. No problems. I've had it on for about 4.5 months now.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I actually just found the hose thread. Wasn't really a problem just hadn't seen or heard of this from anyone else. But the smell and smoke is what has me paying VERY close attention to the car. But no CEL yet :::knock on wood:::

ßill

·
Registered
672 Posts
[attachmentid=17737]Just installed my Fujita the other day too. Before the install, I had read a few threads where people complained that the hose from Fujita was too short. I even went out and bought some 1/2" heater hose preparing to follow one of the recommended workaround.

As it turned out, I was able to use the hose from Fujita. It was barely long enough but I got it in without any kinks. I had to wind it through the jumble of wires and hoses but it seems okay to me.

Attached are a couple of pics

close up

close up #2

Attachments

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
From looking at the pics of your install, the hose on yours has much thinner walls than the one that came with my kit.
Did you buy your Fujita recently? After I installed mine I sent some suggestions for improvement back to Donny at RPM (who I bought it thru). He said he would forward them to Fujita. My two suggestions?
1. Include a longer piece of hose. A couple of extra inches would have helped a lot. The one I received was too short.
2. Find a thinner walled hose. The one I got, on top of being too short, had a wall thickness of almost a 1/4 inch, making the OD of the hose huge (like 1 inch), and way thicker than it needed to be. The additional thickness made routing it very hard, and it kinked much easier.

That was back in August. Maybe those suggestions were actually acted upon? That would be a nice change.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
MEE just bought his CAI from the group buy on this forum. Looks like I won't have to go out and buy tubing either :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
MEE just bought his CAI from the group buy on this forum. Looks like I won't have to go out and buy tubing either :)
[/b]
It's because I got the brand new design shipped out to you directly from Fujita themselves :yesnod:

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's because I got the brand new design shipped out to you directly from Fujita themselves :yesnod:
[/b]
So, it's confirmed that there is no need to purchase any new hoses?
i hope my CAI comes on time.....tomorrow!

·
Registered
580 Posts
So, it's confirmed that there is no need to purchase any new hoses?
i hope my CAI comes on time.....tomorrow!
[/b]
You SHOULDN'T have to, however it may be necessary. It's just not likely. Let me know when it arrives!

Thanks,

Mark
Top PSI Performance

·
Registered
672 Posts
That's cool that Fujita took action based on customer feedback. Thanks to all you guys that made it better for us latecomers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts