Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went home this weekend and made another 36km all the way up to Newmarket this morning. The only reason I went to Davewood is because I ordered a passenger side skirt over there with 20% off the MPSP. Guess what? I was told that I have to get the skirts in a pair (while I only need one) for $700 plus tax at Agincourt Mazda, which is BS.

Dave Wood Mazda really take care of everything even like a reverse light failing, they'd talk to me about it and ask me what do I want to do next. I told them to check the wiring and then they really fixed it. I was just so fucking impressed of their services - fast, detailed and professional. Maybe that's why they have their own racing team. I walked around outside the garage and checked out their Mazda 6 race car. Nothing much is changed since I saw the picture last time on the forum. But still, I took a couple pictures of it. Then I got back to my desk and worked on my coursework. Yes, I actually had a desk to work while I was waiting. LOL! Having a coffee, after awhile, I was told that I was good to go. So I left with a big smile and headed back to Toronto.

Just want to share my experience.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dave Wood Mazda really take care of everything[/b]
Yep, they are great. My Six is second Mazda from Dave Wood, I went back especially due to the service department. My last Mazda was a Protege and they always treated me well. Have had Six about 15 months and I still have only great things to say about Dave Wood's service department.

·
Registered
76 Posts
guess I'm lucky - I can walk home while they service my SIX. However as king_lam925 noted in first post, they provide a nice area to wait.

R

·
0 Posts
I always do the service myself. Save me lot more $$... :)

When I was much younger I always took my car to dealership... now I really think they are overpriced and I wasted so much for their package which basically visually check lot of stuff for lot of $...

just my opinion. :p

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well King Lam

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

When I was much younger I always took my car to dealership... now I really think they are overpriced and I wasted so much for their package which basically visually check lot of stuff for lot of $...

[/b]
Becuz I provided my own oil and oil filter, I only have to paid like $20 for labour which is not bad IMO.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
y did u provide ur own oil filter?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Not to totally thread jack you here Derek....but when you have an "off night" maybe we can just shoot some pool, and hang out?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to totally thread jack you here Derek....but when you have an "off night" maybe we can just shoot some pool, and hang out?
[/b]
That's for sure Chris.
But I have no idea about when would I have an "off night", maybe til I'm stressed out from school. I'll find you out when I need to relax after a big test. ;)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Meant when you don't have a ton of school work to do. But after a big test is always the best time to go anyways....because you don't need to start getting ready for the next one....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
u can't believe that someone actually called u?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
u can't believe that someone actually called u?
[/b]
Hey what do you mean?

I'm just impressed that they actually care about me. Consider the time that they called me is not within their service hours.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Davewood Mazda just called me and asked me if everything is ok. OMG...I can't believe it! lol...[/b]
Yep, they call after every service - nice touch, don't you think!! As I said in my last reply above, I had a Protege before Six, so I know they make the follow-up calls for all servicing/all car types. Mind you, I've never given negative feedback, so not sure what they do with it ;)
... just impressed that they actually care about me. Consider the time that they called me is not within their service hours.[/b]
Believe is actually receptionist at the front desk. BTW; re the post above about doing your own service
I always do the service myself. Save me lot more $$... [/b]
I used to, but find it is more hassle than worth last several years, especially with disposal issues. However, as many bad experiences written up on this forum show, if you don't do it yourself then gotta have a shop you trust, which Dave Wood is for me :) Also helps that they included free LOF for duration of my lease :nana:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts

[/b]
now that my warranty has gone, i'd prob will do the oil change by myself... i went to dealership for oil change just to keep a record for my car.... they are good if i were goin to sell my car...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts