Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK yesterday i got straight pipes installed, it cost me for everything $65 so not bad. While i was at this shop i saw some nice mufflers from MF - if i only had money lol :sarc:

Anyway the guy did a good job except he cut before the flanges.... :swearin: which i dont really care (i like straight pipe setup), buy if in the future i would like to put other custom exhaust or for some reason stock will i run in any problems?

Oh and before left tip was way lower then right and now finally is eaven!!! :)

Now i know what you guys were talking regarding drone at 2K RPM.....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job. Lets see some pictures!
[/b]
Will post some first thing tomorrow
left camera at work....

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
NICE, didn't think CO would be open haha.

Yea the drone is a LIITLE annoying but it's ok for a $60 exhaust haha.

After I got mine done I took an air side cutter and cut the pipes a little after before the bimper so all u saw was the tips on it.

Hope u enjoy it cause I know I do. I always figured I would get the whole catback if I ever bought another exhaust system or do a custome dual from the cats.

And anyone in the Chitown area this shop does the pipes for $60!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE, didn't think CO would be open haha.

Yea the drone is a LIITLE annoying but it's ok for a $60 exhaust haha.

After I got mine done I took an air side cutter and cut the pipes a little after before the bimper so all u saw was the tips on it.

Hope u enjoy it cause I know I do. I always figured I would get the whole catback if I ever bought another exhaust system or do a custome dual from the cats.

And anyone in the Chitown area this shop does the pipes for $60!
[/b]
Drone is fine i just have get used to it that's all... cause never had car with loud exhaust...

Only question they cut before flanges so i hope i wont problems in the future if i want to change it... would i??

Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
dude u got an exhaust done for that cheap.. i am getin 2.5in strait pipe done next week and its running me $650 with factory style flanges.. now when u guys say strait pipes do u mean u jus eliminated your mufflers or you got a catback??? i am gettin a catback i bee eliminated my mufflers and i really dont get a drone if thats what u were talkin about

·
Registered
232 Posts
Damm your getting ripped off, how are you going to pay $650 for a cat back strauight pipes when a damm magnaflow cat back including two mufflers only cost $420..... so there going to charge you and extra $230 dollars and not even getting mufflers that makes a lot of sense. It costs a lot less to run straight pipe where the muffler would be. GO somewhere else man. Thats insane

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
now when u guys say strait pipes do u mean u jus eliminated your mufflers or you got a catback???
[/b]
I just got mufflers cut and no catback... So that was the reason why this was soo cheap

·
Registered
69 Posts
well i dont know where i am lookin but i havent found the magnaflow for $420 yet.. also that magnaflow is only a 2.25in exhaust if i wanted that id just stay stock. the shop i am useing i trust and i like thier work cause i use them alot.. its actually only $550 but i have to have mine my way so i can remove it and put it back to stock with no problems

·
Registered
232 Posts
RPM has the magnaflow for $420 its not listed on the web page you have to call them!

Will 2.5" exhaust make any difference compared to the 2.25" stock exhaust. I can see if you have headers but without i dont see it helping at all!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
RPM has the magnaflow for $420 its not listed on the web page you have to call them!

Will 2.5" exhaust make any difference compared to the 2.25" stock exhaust. I can see if you have headers but without i dont see it helping at all!
[/b]
Topic covered many times over the last 3 years...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do more research...why magnaflow?...haven't you guys heard that all their product are low quality now...their customer service is so bad that you wanna hire a lawyer and sue their ass for whatever it takes to make them realized they suck...I've read somewhere in this site that they referred to all mazda6club members as "dumbasses"- straight from the horses mouth, the company's head customer service guy...nevertheless, don't buy magnacrap parts, buy a different brand...

P.S. here's the story, the orignal owner of magnaflow died in a car accident...the new head poncho doesn't care about what the original owner values in his company- high quality product...the new owner only cares about profit right now and he knows consumers are suckered in by what the original owner built reputation wise- little did consumer know that he past away and a new management is installed...I know this because other companies that were hired by magnaflow to do research and developement no longer work for them- better words, refused to work for magnacrap due to the way they treat them and undercut them...Now, why would you buy product from a company that does that...remember, the companies that test and research the products refused to work for them...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will stick ffor now with straight pipes and then in the future RB exhaust :nana:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
untitledav
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing