Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just got my lapis Blue Mazda 6 S last week and i really love the car :) Not only for the looks ( okay...okay..that had something to do with it :D ) but it drives really nice. I got most of the options with it so I am a happy camper :) Hope to get some pics soon!!
Thanx for inviting me into the community.

Darin
2003 Lapis Blue Mazda 6 S
5spd AT, 17 inch wheels, Bose stereo, sunroof, leather....yada, yada...:p

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'just got my Mazda 6'

How do you like your AT? I am reconsidering getting the AT instead of the MT after driving the MT car and not being totally thrilled with the shifter feel. To me, the point of an MT in a non-sports car is fun... and shifting the MT wasn't fun enough to offset what I felt to be an extremely smooth 5-sp AT shift. But the only experience I've had with it was a 15 minute test drive... I'd really appreciate it if you could elaborate on the long-term qualities of your tranny... How does it shift when the car is cold on a morning? Is it smooth between shifts (I noticed that the shifts were nearly imperceptible... probably aided by throttle-by-wire)?

thanks and congrats!
-Alt

·
Registered
60 Posts

Congratulations!

You could have taken the words right out of my mouth when you describe the reasons for buying your 6. My reasons exactly for doing the same.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
268 Posts

Congrats. I got the same car you have except mine is a manual. I test drove the auto and felt like I wasn't as connected to it as in the manual. The manual is a bit more notchy than I expected though. Sad to say, but my 97 Honda Civic shifts smoother than my 6.
Originally posted by BlueSix

Hi everyone,
I just got my lapis Blue Mazda 6 S last week and i really love the car :) Not only for the looks ( okay...okay..that had something to do with it :D ) but it drives really nice. I got most of the options with it so I am a happy camper :) Hope to get some pics soon!!
Thanx for inviting me into the community.

Darin
2003 Lapis Blue Mazda 6 S
5spd AT, 17 inch wheels, Bose stereo, sunroof, leather....yada, yada...:p[/b]

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Congrats and welcome BlueSix! I can't wait to see pics of it since I'm still undecided about what color I want.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Altersys... you have the 5sp AT described exactly. In day to day driving "nearly imperceptible" is how it works. We've had some 20 degree (F) mornings and it's smooth a silk. I'm still breaking mine in and haven't let it all out yet but even under power, still very smooth.

Congrats Blue Six on your 6s Sport.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Keep us updated - while I like the new, funky colors (and yes, I really like the blue); I am curious to see if any owners eventually get tired of them after a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts