Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to work out a led light kit deal. This kit would include led light bulbs for 2 front parking lights 4 interior push button lights 2 door lights and 2 license plate lights. this is not certain as im waiting on the lights to make sure they look good and fit right. so far ive got the parking leds and they look great.

A few days ago i put white leds in my parking lights here is led vs stock bulb
[attachment=40399:IMAGE_207.jpg]
YELLOW XENON Fog lights and Parking lights Only
[attachment=40400:IMAG0208.jpg]
All lights
[attachment=40401:IMAG0210.jpg]
no lights
[attachment=40402:IMAG0214.jpg]
hid and fog lights
[attachment=40403:IMAG0213.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
That's sweet. I really need to do this.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just fog lights
[attachment=40404:IMAG0212.jpg]
just hids
[attachment=40405:IMAG0211.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I really don't like how people try to match blue and yellow... It's pretty effin ugly, imo. Good job getting fogs to work independently, but yellow fogs ... uhh ... no-go. sorry.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (FezMS6 @ Jan 6 2009, 12:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1499951
I got pulled over for blue lights before. Ha. Bastard gave me a lecture on how they can only be used by cops and emergency vehicles.

whateva. :D[/b]
to be honest they really are not blue... look at the first picture. during the daylight they look pure white. or you can look at the pic with the factory hids with the leds... they match the factory hids very nicely... i think that the color adjustment on my camera has the white balance messed up.. ill try to get some more pictures to do them justice...

as for the yellow fogs.. some cars look great and others dont imo and i think the ms6 looks pretty good i still may change them tho

·
Registered
314 Posts
I like the yellow fogs. Might as well make them somewhat functional... I've checked with mine and you're a lot easier to see coming in rainy/foggy weather with the yellow. I still haven't found a good pure white LED for the DRLs, but the slight blue ones still match our HIDs better than stock.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I think I'm one of the only people who never turns on their fog lights. I think I've had them on maybe tree times in the two years I've had the car...

I have debated trying this mod though...

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
QUOTE (Insane @ Jan 6 2009, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1500021
I think I'm one of the only people who never turns on their fog lights. I think I've had them on maybe tree times in the two years I've had the car...

I have debated trying this mod though...[/b]
The only reson why I never use mine is because they dont match :swearin:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics man. I live near the Sacramento Delta and we've been fog bound for much of the winter this year and I found that having a good set of fog lights is a must here.

I like the yellow fog lights in pic #2 because I think the yellow breaks up the reflections of the moisture droplets from your own lights being cast into the fog, preventing a "white out" situation.

I don't give a sh*t if it doesn't match with the blue hue of my HID's. I want to at least see the center line and the edges of the right shoulder to keep my orientation and prevent the vertigo effect one may get in thick fog.

I agree with OJ's post that the yellow will be more visable to on coming traffic.

Good thread.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I did this mod when i got the car along time ago lol, I enjoy its functionality, although I too rarely turned the fogs on, only because of the fact that the OEM color is fugly.

I then put in some white ones, white as I could find, no luck.. and finally switched to JDM yellow. I love the look, never fancied it before til i installed these and have grown to like them. Now, my fogs are always on.

Looks sexy as hell with my angel eyes/fogs alone.. was just staring at them this morning :drool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE (FezMS6 @ Jan 6 2009, 02:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1500030
I put HIDs in my fogs, which made em pretty darn functional. :)[/b]
Lol, OK OK, I get your point. What I meant was that in nasty weather (which is the only time I have them on) I am a lot more visible with the deep yellow than I would be with all white or HID-match. I actually like when things get ugly now because I can turn the fogs on. :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

I have debated trying this mod though...[/b]

+1, they just add nothing to driving for me. I've tried different bulbs too

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
20 Participants
coolj10009
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing