Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone! I've been reading these forums a bit before my purchase, thanks for helping me make up my mind :love: Definitely a fine piece of automobile, however.. I picked it up on a real rainy day and drove home for over an hour. Once inside the garage I started checking things over, like the spare tire. When I pulled the carpeted cargo area covers off and removed the plastic tray underneath, I saw water drops on the spare and around the spare wheel well. Popped off the spare and saw quite a puddle at the bottom of the well. I know water did not come from the top since tne upholstery was bone dry so I poked around underneath the car, looking for possible problems. Right away I noticed that the rear wheel wells are lined with some sort of carpet-like material. This is a first one on me, I'm used to seeing metal or plastic there. Is this standard? Am I missing somethig or is my Mazda missing something? From the looks of it, it does not seem like anything else could fit in there. But if this isn't a concern, then where could that water come from?

I sure would appreciate any help from you guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure about the spare tire water issue. As for your wheel being lined up with a fabric/carpet material, mine is the same on my '06 Sedan. I thought it was quite odd as well, but go figure :huh:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
First of all, welcom to the club.

Check with your dealer first on the water issue because it could lead to major issues. It is possible to have a leak and the water will flow down the frame and pool up under the spare. Not saying that is case here but have the dealer check it under warrenty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
markwilson1313
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing