Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently own a 2004 Mazda3, but as a graduation present my fiance is going to buy me a new car. I knew I wanted to stick with Mazda because I absolutley love my 3 and I planned to buy a 2007 3s. Today I went to the dealership and test drove the 3, which i loved, but then the dealer convinced me to try the V6 6. I am in love with that car! It is smooth, fairly quick and I love the interior.

The only real problem I have with it is the instrument panel, kind of boring. That is not why I buy cars though, so it hasn't effected my decision.

Now, time for y'all to be honest. Have any of you had any troubles with your 6? I am more curious about the 2007 if anyone out there owns one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
978 Posts
why an 07 vs an 06? for the amount you could get an 07 v6, you could probably get a mazdaspeed 6 06!!! I've only had my 6 for about a year now, but after reading about everyone's experience on this board, if I had to do it again, I'd make the same choice and get a 6. It's the best looking, semi-practical car that is fun to drive without breaking the bank (how's that for limiting your choices). but given the choices you have though, I would think the extra 4 or 5k you could save on an 06 could go a long way to making your car more interesting or even make your honeymoon amazing.

btw...sounds like you've got an incredible fiance! congrats!

·
Registered
605 Posts
why an 07 vs an 06? for the amount you could get an 07 v6, you could probably get a mazdaspeed 6 06!!! I've only had my 6 for about a year now, but after reading about everyone's experience on this board, if I had to do it again, I'd make the same choice and get a 6. It's the best looking, semi-practical car that is fun to drive without breaking the bank (how's that for limiting your choices). but given the choices you have though, I would think the extra 4 or 5k you could save on an 06 could go a long way to making your car more interesting or even make your honeymoon amazing.

btw...sounds like you've got an incredible fiance! congrats!
[/b]
I kinda did the same thing. I had my 06 3I in for service. They gave me a 06 6I for a loner car. I loved the loner so much that i ended up trading my other car on the Lapus Blue 6I that i now have.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
6s is so much faster than a 3s, forget a 3 just get the 6, i love my mazda6s i got a 2006 hatchback, i love it so much and i get overprotective of it.... also does anybody know if there will be any differenc between 06 models and 07 models

·
Registered
457 Posts
You know, from the specs I have seen the 06 or below are actually faster than 07 - emissions reduced rated speed of the 07 Mazda's, a very unfortunate set of events if I do say so myself. To hell with emissions! If I could do it again I would have gotten a Mazdaspeed 6 and ate the gas myself.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with a 3 or a 6 in any trim/engine combination. Just get what you like w/in your budget. My budget was around the 3s hatch, 6i sedan area, and I got a better deal on the 6. Before that I couldn't decide what I wanted, other than the MTX (had to have that!).

Got over 1200 miles on her now, and only had a cracked trim piece around the cupholder replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Double check the windows sticker? my co-worker's 07 M6 have similar(some more some less) options to my 06 M6 but cost like 1500 less

I would love to get my hand on a speed3 :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
You can't go wrong with either....
I have the Speed6 and the mods doesn't end!!!!
PLUS... this one is made in Japan.

·
Registered
344 Posts
the 07 m6 is cheaper than the 06. for 07 they add standard the side sills, body color sport grill, and smoked taillights and headlights. You have to pay to add teh spoiler/bose/moon/foglights.

For a base 07 6i, you can get a stella deal. In my area. 199 a month with 1000 out of pocket.

THat would be roughly 225 a month out the door for 2 years!!

Not bad if you ask me

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
or get a speed 3.
[/b]
+1.

Wish it was being released in something other then the Station Wagon body though

the 07 m6 is cheaper than the 06. for 07 they add standard the side sills, body color sport grill, and smoked taillights and headlights. You have to pay to add teh spoiler/bose/moon/foglights.

For a base 07 6i, you can get a stella deal. In my area. 199 a month with 1000 out of pocket.

THat would be roughly 225 a month out the door for 2 years!!

Not bad if you ask me
[/b]
I think the full price of the car is a bit more important then what the amount of the payments are.

I don't get the 2 years part you mentioned though. Unless you was saying you only pay 225 am onth for 2 years and it's paid off. which means you paid $5400 for it.

Unless I'm just not understanding what you meant.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
So this very incredible fiance, does she have a good looking, single sister equaly as nice or even nicer :D JK
Really though I have owned my 6S since July and am still looking for reasons to run to the store just to drive her. Love this car.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

btw...sounds like you've got an incredible fiance! congrats![/b]
I agree! On all counts!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts