Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought the Insignia™ 2-Channel 360W Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier with Two 12" Subwoofers
off of ebay for a pretty cheap price. I was thinking i could do it my self, but i have no experience with audio WHAT so Ever. Would you guys recomend paying best buy for install or DIY? Best buy install is around $70

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1114638698347

hope there good, people say you get what you pay for, but im just lookin for some thump that doesnt have to be 1000W. I only have the base speakers anyways. So those are next.

·
Registered
83 Posts
well i bought the Insignia™ 2-Channel 360W Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier with Two 12" Subwoofers
off of ebay for a pretty cheap price. I was thinking i could do it my self, but i have no experience with audio WHAT so Ever. Would you guys recomend paying best buy for install or DIY? Best buy install is around $70

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1114638698347

hope there good, people say you get what you pay for, but im just lookin for some thump that doesnt have to be 1000W. I only have the base speakers anyways. So those are next.
[/b]

a friend of mine has that exact same setup in his pathfinder, and it sounds pretty sick for spending 160 dollars on the setup. He was telling me that sharp electronics actually makes them, so I guess that means there not as cheap as everyone thinks.

Good luck on the install, it'll be worth it when its done.

-alex

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that just made 500 pounds lift of my back, i was really worried about it cause i never had heard of the company before, and i wanted 2 subs and an amp that would go hand & hand with eachother well.

(ask your buddy what kind of sub box he has and where he bought it from )

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
yeah insignia is best buy brand subs thats why u never really heard of it before. they are ok..... i guess lol.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol i returned the subs and amps. Decided that if i went with 1 amp, 1 woofer and 1 box it would save trunk space and actually would put out more boom. Im purchasing a pioneer 760Watt amp running a 600Watt pioneer sub. I will have to bridge it, but ill figure out how to do that later.

177 Posts
It doesnt matter what the power rating is...its how the power is used. McIntosh is about the best brand in Home audio out there(and most expesive) and they also do some car audio. There amps are rated at 250 RMS at 1 Ohm. And a 10" sub to match. Not much power right? But I can tell you right now that that setup is louder than mine. And I have 2 12" kenwoods comps. And a 913 RMS at 2 Ohm amp. My friend has the McIntosh and it is sooooo loud and sooooooo clean sounding...cost about 8K total though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
they wont sound as good in the 6 unless you have a wagon hatch backs make a deep bass chamber, kinda like a cannon but it will definatly sound alot better, also keep in mind after market stereos run on a different frequency than stock so your stock speakers will actually last longer.

·
Registered
822 Posts
also I don't think you can bridge your amp...because the sub if you got it from BB as well is only a SVC 4ohm config....which means you are actually just getting like 200-300 watts from your amp...which is still plenty for your sub again assuming you got it from BB.

If I were you I would look into just returning the stuff and save up a little more and get decent products.....patience is a virtue...and no point in doing everything over again...plus there a lot of other brands out there that can put out a decent SPL with SQ....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually im havin my buddy help me out, dave from this forum, he knows a shit load. He convinced me to get this elemental sub the 13kv2 (which he has heard before) and he said it sounds nice. Hes making me a box to which will fit in the bottom right/left corner, not sure yet havent decided. Also we are still figuring out the amp but i bought the 4AWG wiring from knukconcept.

The amp im still deciding on though, i might go elemental, but it is pricey.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Dont shop at best buy, they are the devil... How many times do I have to tell you people this...
[/b]
I support this Waterboy MoM comment....you need to ask some friends to help and do it yourself....Best Buy for car audio? What a joke! Talk about not hiding wires properly and using electrical tape instead of butt connectors and straight up speaker wire ends connected to the amp instead of spades and terminal lugs....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not buyin from best buy ..... im not that stupid. i ordered those from an ebay buy it now for 110 shipped brand new. I cancelled it.

Im not that stupid.

I dont buy from retail stores.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
well unless u work their and u get 5 percent above cost discount :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts