Mazda 6 Forums banner

Just bought some exhaust, well, mufflers for my 6

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  1sexy6 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Replying to Topic 'Just bought some exhaust, well, mufflers for my 6'

Originally posted by 1sexy6

got them from a-1performance.com and both mufflers + shipping was only $213[/b]
I'd be curious to know how much they help. The stock manifold is restrictive, but is the exhaust from the cat-back bad too? It seems like most of the problems with the exhaust are well before the mufflers. The problem is that it's so expensive to clean up the exhaust. At least for now it is.

#6 ·
Reading Topic: Just bought some exhaust, well, mufflers for my 6

i'm sure I'll gain a little performance from swapping out the mufflers and the sound will change for sure. I'm also gonna have the muffler shop cut off my cats and weld in some test pipes :D that should free up a few horsies :D

#7 ·

Originally posted by 1sexy6

i'm sure I'll gain a little performance from swapping out the mufflers and the sound will change for sure.  I'm also gonna have the muffler shop cut off my cats and weld in some test pipes :D that should free up a few horsies :D[/b]
breakin-the-law....breakin-the-law.....breakin-the-law :D

#14 ·
Reading Topic: Just bought some exhaust, well, mufflers for my 6

I'm thinking of getting the Bosals myself, will cost just about the same, plus many said they have sounded real good on the 6's at Rev It Up.

#15 ·

Originally posted by 84FordMan

I'm thinking of getting the Bosals myself, will cost just about the same, plus many said they have sounded real good on the 6's at Rev It Up.[/b]
If I was going for sound, I would get the Bosals, I'm sure the performance would be about the same as the magnaflows, and they sounded sweet at the revitup event. I'm still debating what do do about the exhaust, I'm going to finish with the intake and brake pads before I go here.

#18 ·
Reading Topic: Replying to Topic 'Just bought some exhaust, well, mufflers for my 6'

I've seen someone selling an exhaust set up on Ebay for the 6. Muffler hangers are welded and stuff, all you have to do is bolt the muffs to the y-pipe. $250 + shipping is a little much for that I think, plus I dont like the canister style mufflers that it comes with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.