Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. I just bought an '07 Speed6 made to order so I have to wait 60-70 days for it to come in from Mazda.

It's going to be a long 2 months. =/

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well Iit is an 07? So maybe the dealer has yet to get them.. Though I woulda gotten an 06 a hellava lot cheaper.

·
Registered
651 Posts
How much did you pay for it?
What color and options?
Where are you located?

·
Registered
286 Posts
The only update they made in Canada is 07 speed6 comes with Navi and homelink mirror as options. Damn it, I want a homelink mirror.

I believe you could get those options in an 06 model in the states, couldn't you?

And I saw a bunch of 07 speed6 at the dealers weeks ago. It's a bit unusual that you have to wait that long. Have you tried phoning other dealers?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Maybe he wanted one of the rare sport models with navi. Otherwise, I don't know what other trim levels would need to be custom ordered. Tons of GTs, /w or w/o moonroof/navi around.

Anyway, congrats! When you're waiting for your new car, the days seem SO long. And I only have to wait 2 more weeks.

·
Registered
651 Posts
There are not any real differences are there?
[/b]
They are rated at 270 Hp as compared to 274 Hp preflash.

They only have 4 colors now. Only silver, gray, red, and black. No more blackcherry or white.

No option for black/white leather, only black leather or cloth.

The warranty is now bumper to bumper 36 months or 36,000 miles and powertrain 60 months or 60,000 miles.

This is all MazdaUSA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe he wanted one of the rare sport models with navi. Otherwise, I don't know what other trim levels would need to be custom ordered. Tons of GTs, /w or w/o moonroof/navi around.

Anyway, congrats! When you're waiting for your new car, the days seem SO long. And I only have to wait 2 more weeks.
[/b]
I had to special order beacuse they didn't have the color I wanted and they didn't have the right options.

I got:
GT with Navigation and Moon roof.
Titanium Gray.
Compass mirror/autodim,
Aluminum (Chrome) fuel door,
Alarm shock sensor upgrade (need it for work - At least that's what I tell myself and the Wife, heh).

The dealer didn't have any titanium grey and couldn't find any across the US with the trim package I wanted.

Also, I saw the way they treated their cars on the lot and... No thanks. Not that they treated them all the way I saw but, damn, they liked to pound, slap and rev them a lot.

Anyway, I paid 32,750 which is where I wanted to be. Not the best deal but they said (and a few other people i've talked to have said they heard this to) that because they're ordering it from the factory they have a hard time going as low as cars they have on the lot.

They've also said they're going to hook me up on the CX-7 i'm going to buy in a month or so, so we'll see if they hold true to that.

Lastly, i'm in the Phoenix, AZ area. Anyone else around here?

·
Registered
378 Posts
$32,750 US?!

Dare I say you got taken? You could've gotten a much better deal than that and done the extra aftermarket for much much cheaper...

But I could be mistaken...

Damn.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$32,750 US?!

Dare I say you got taken? You could've gotten a much better deal than that and done the extra aftermarket for much much cheaper...

But I could be mistaken...

Damn.
[/b]
It's possible I did, but I couldn't find a better deal than that at any of the dealerships around here... Regardless of whether I did or not, i'm happy.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Compass mirror/autodim,
Aluminum (Chrome) fuel door,
Alarm shock sensor upgrade (need it for work - At least that's what I tell myself and the Wife, heh).
[/b]
Aren't these all available as dealer installed options? A Ti gray GT with moonroof and navi would not be too hard to find and then just have them add the options you wanted. Probably could have saved 5-6k.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You are going to be very happy with the car, those are some nice options. It's nice to see you got what you wanted and didn't settle. I don't see a problem paying near MSRP if the car is what you truely want. Did you test drive an 06?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aren't these all available as dealer installed options? A Ti gray GT with moonroof and navi would not be too hard to find and then just have them add the options you wanted. Probably could have saved 5-6k.
[/b]
They checked and couldn't find any Titanium grey GT's with or without Navigation. All they had was Platinum, which is my least favorite color and I think Black which wouldn't have been bad except it had over 100 miles on it...

Also, to be honest, I wasn't so concerned with the price as long as it was where I was shooting for when I started looking for a car and I got it down from their extremely bloated price of 37K+ after tax and all.

Oh, and I got a few other things I didn't mention (window etch, paint protection, all weather floor mats, and a few other things that i'm drawing a blank on at the moment) which added up to about $1k in dealer prices.

The price is right in between invoice and MSRP.

You are going to be very happy with the car, those are some nice options. It's nice to see you got what you wanted and didn't settle. I don't see a problem paying MSRP if the car is what you truely want. Did you test drive an 06?
[/b]
Yes, I test drove an '06 months ago when I first started looking and fell in love.

Also, like I just said above (which you didn't see before you posted, 'cause I posted after, heh) it was actually lower than MSRP, so all is well.

And my Wife told me the same thing, she was happy I didn't settle and didn't mind paying a bit more for me to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TI Grey GT with moonroof and navi

Your dealer didn't look hard enough. Now you have to wait 2 months instead of 2 weeks.

On the bright side though, you have 1 less year of depreciation if/when you decide to sell it. But you paid a lot more to start with.
[/b]
Yeah but that's an '06, I wanted an '07. =D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts