Mazda 6 Forums banner

Just bought a Mazda6!

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  StylinM6s 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2006 Mazda6 s Sport V6. I pick it up tomorrow. I had a 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV previously. Like a little kid, I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight!!!

#3 ·
congrats! have fun

#9 ·
Nice. Congrats!

Post pics ASAP!

What color?
[/b]
I got Onyx Black w/black cloth. I will post pics when I get them taken. And to the other poster, yes I am interested in modding it. I'm thinking a CAI to start. I also did a little research and saw there is an add-on performance chip you can get that installs between the ECU and engine and can give a 28hp gain...is that possible? It is the Unichip 1320021, and I found it on autopartsperformance.com. Any comments?

#10 ·
I got Onyx Black w/black cloth. I will post pics when I get them taken. And to the other poster, yes I am interested in modding it. I'm thinking a CAI to start. I also did a little research and saw there is an add-on performance chip you can get that installs between the ECU and engine and can give a 28hp gain...is that possible? It is the Unichip 1320021, and I found it on autopartsperformance.com. Any comments?
[/b]
Its like $800 and they say a 10-15% increase. A few people around here have claimed to have installed them - there hasn't been a lot of cold hard facts about it the improvements.

Search Unichip here and other similar forums and you'll see the jury is still out on the product.

#11 ·
I just bought a 2006 Mazda6 s Sport V6. I pick it up tomorrow. I had a 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV previously. Like a little kid, I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight!!!
[/b]
Ok, I'm going to pick up the car this afternoon. Was up early this AM. Just like a kid on Christmas morning.

(And yes, I responded to my own initial posting! )

#13 ·
So, I picked up my Mazda6 and so far, it is great! Compared to my previous car (2003 Sentra Spec V) it is much smoother, quieter, more comfortable & refined, and quality of interior materials are much better. Mazda really has come a long way and rejuvenated their brand with the M3, M6, and the rest of their lineup.

Can anyone comment on the actual observed gas mileage with the 6cyl? What are people really/typically getting on the highway?

#14 ·
One thing so far is that it has this heinous burning smell (either the exhaust or something underhood it seems). I'm sure it's just something that has to burn off, but it's really bad. I remember my SpecV smelling similar when it was new. Anyone have this problem when they first got their M6?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.