Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Keith and I just bought my 2nd Mazda6 ever. First one was 10 years ago. I bought a 1 year old used 2005 Mazda6 S Touring, black with tan interior, Bose speakers and moonroof with 14K miles on it at the time. Now it has 148K. I really didn't even need a new car because it still drives like a dream and it's been awesome with very minor repair issues. But I decided it was time to buy a new car and I'm so glad I test drove the new 2016 Mazda6 Touring. I was hesitant at first because the old Mazda is a 6 cylinder with 220hp and the new ones only come with 4 cyl 184hp but I was pleasantly surprised plus I knew the gas mileage is way better. The pickup power especially from a rolling start is amazing to me on this new 6 and the sport mode takes it up a few notches. I always read about people saying this car needs a 6 cyl option but I'm super happy with the power. WAY more than I thought it'd be. This car feels so light, it handles and feels like your driving a sports car. I used to own a Camaro Z28 so I know what power is but for everyday driving the new 6 has way more than enough power and it's so fun to drive. It turns corners like a champ and I have a heavy foot and I'm training myself not to punch it every time but it's hard to resist with this car. I got the Touring in snowflake white pearlcoat with moonroof and Bose plus the tech package that features LED headlights, smart city brake, blindspot warning and probably some other stuff I can't think of now and sand/black leatherette interior. Part of the deal before I bought is I requested to have gunmetal rims that I think only comes on the GT. They obliged and sent them out to get professionally dipped and paid for half which only costs me about $100. I think they look way better than the GT version which are shiny. These are darker gray and a satin finish. Everyone at the dealership loved them so much and decided that they are getting a few of the cars on the lot done! Anyway just wanted to share my experience and if you are on the fence about the Mazda6, don't be, it's an awesome car. I'm a super indecisive person and over research everything. Other considerations I had were pretty broad. I also test drove a Golf GTI, a Challenger, a Charger, a Malibu but I'm so glad I chose the 6! No regrets!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! This car keeps getting more and more sexy every time I look at it. I haven't been this into a car since I owned a 78 Camaro Z28 12 years ago!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts