Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a new 6S/I4 and stumbled upon this site when looking for various things for the my new car. I have nothing to compare it to but its a sweet car. would have liked to get leather or the V6 but i like it the way it is.

On the bad side my windshield cracked alread, a rock hit my window and it isnt covered under warranty so i have to pay to replace it. Any recomends on where to get it replaced, dealership or independant shop?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Welcome! Sucks to hear about your windshield though.

Check with your insurace company. You might be able to get it replaced under the policy with no deductible. As for where to get it replace, you can go to the dealership or there are places like http://www.safelite.com/.

Good luck!

·
Registered
475 Posts
man i'm sorry to here that, but congrats on the wise decision to buy a mazda 6. i've found there is a lot of helpful people and usefull information on this forum.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a new 6S/I4 and stumbled upon this site when looking for various things for the my new car. I have nothing to compare it to but its a sweet car. would have liked to get leather or the V6 but i like it the way it is.

On the bad side my windshield cracked alread, a rock hit my window and it isnt covered under warranty so i have to pay to replace it. Any recomends on where to get it replaced, dealership or independant shop?
[/b]
Your insurance should cover it! Give em a call and see what they say.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
My co-worker recently needed a nick in her glass filled and her insurance said it would cost $100 deductible to do it. State Farm used to repair windshields for free, but they stopped doing it. Hell, if it's $100 to repair it or replace it, I'd rather have it replaced.

·
Registered
436 Posts
not sure how insurance works where you are, but running something cheap like a windshield through your insurance is a good way to have your premiums dramatically increase should anything *really* expensive go wrong. just pay for it yourself.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
not sure how insurance works where you are, but running something cheap like a windshield through your insurance is a good way to have your premiums dramatically increase should anything *really* expensive go wrong. just pay for it yourself.[/b]
I don't know about anywhere else, but in MD it's against the law to increase your premiums for comprehensive claims (i.e something you cannot control). I've had my car hit 2 times (hit and run) and one total loss through vandalism and my rates never went up for it. I've had State Farm since 1999.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My co-worker recently needed a nick in her glass filled and her insurance said it would cost $100 deductible to do it. State Farm used to repair windshields for free, but they stopped doing it. Hell, if it's $100 to repair it or replace it, I'd rather have it replaced.
[/b]
Don't tell my agent. I got a free replacement on my pickup a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thnx for all the replies.

I already spoke to my insurance agncy and my deductable is about $300 but the cost of the windshield replacement is about $650 at the dealership. Its a huge crack too so I can't just get it filled.

I only asked about thrid [arty shops because some of them will pay the deductable because they are still pulling in money on the repair because the deductable is so much less than the actual replacement.

Only bad thing is that i have to put off getting tints now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts