Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I really need to get the ABS codes checked but I am not sure who will do it without costing me an arm and a leg for 5

·
Registered
438 Posts
Man, the Speeds are awesome cars but they seem to have a German car-level of nitpickiness. It seems like they always have something popping up to nickel and dime you! Good luck man.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Man, the Speeds are awesome cars but they seem to have a German car-level of nitpickiness. It seems like they always have something popping up to nickel and dime you! Good luck man.

It doesn't help that is a car that has been driven in Minnesota winters and I only paid about $3,000 for it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
It doesn't help that is a car that has been driven in Minnesota winters and I only paid about $3,000 for it.
I just bought an '04 6s from New Jersey and am a little nervous about its first Maine winter, haha. New England winters eat 1st-gen 6's alive. I plan to do a ceramic coating and Fluid Film the absolute [email protected]#k out of the underbody.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ensure you place FF or suitable other creeping, wax-oil like material along the entire running length of where the rear inner wheel-house meets the (rear) quarter panel (i.e. on the inside) and if you cannot gain access to the entire length due to bulkheads, fuel filler bulkheads, etc. then consider drilling access holes (only a few) to be finished with nylon flush-plugs when done - so as to be able to introduce said protective material. Also, it seems to me that scrupulous attention to rockchips is of paramount importance. Also, OILING subframes? Spent engine oil (or heavier consistency hydrocarbon?)...

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Lol not really what I had in mind. I would like to be able to daily drive it. So I was hoping for about 300-325 AWHP. I would like to be able to handle 500hp internal if in will result in an overall increase in reli
It would still drive like stock until you get on it ;)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
8 Participants
Raksj04
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing