Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I actually hate doing this, because there are already so many threads on this subject, truth is there are so many that it becomes quite unclear to me.
What I am actually trying to say is that there are so many different methods described that I no longer can figure out, how to do it most effective.

Some tuts are talking about, that the wiring can be spliced directly at the sub woofer. This is something that worked for me in my gen 1 2003 but not in my gen 1 2007.
Than there are those who write that the wiring should be spliced at the Bose amp (in-going from HU) which worked for my gen 1 2007.
And those that are talking about splicing directly on the HU.
Than there are guides that tell you to use a line-driver, and those without.

So far I think this thread is very useful, but even in there I get lost a bit.

So i truly hope that I don't agitate someone by making yet another thread, if so feel free to delete it. However is I am somewhat lucky than maybe someone can give me some actual good advice on what to do.

I have a 2012 Bose equipped 6 sport sedan with Bose sub not inside the spare tire, but directly on the the back window.
I would like to add my own amplifier and sub, which I would love to add to enrich sound, preferably without the use of a line-driver (i didn't use it in my 2 gen 1's so I hope it's not mandatory)

Maybe someone has first hand experience and wouldn't mind helping me out, or there is a good clear tutorial somewhere on this forum that I might have missed, and one of you guys / gals could poke me in the right direction.

Again I'm sorry for making this post, I know it's not appreciated to make yet another thread on a topic that has been dealt with many times, but I really feel a bit lost between so many different kind of solutions. And as you can imagine, I don't necessarily feel like trying them all until I have found the correct way to do it. With my technical knowledge, there is most likely not even enough wire in the car to try half of the options provided by this forum :)

Thanks for reading my plea for help, and thank you in advance to anyone that can give me some good pointers.

-- Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Allrighty, managed to figure it out.

If you have a Bose equipped gen 2 (sedan) you can quite literally tap in directly on the original sub-woofer, and convert the wires to RCA without the need of a line-driver.
Seems the biggest challenge was to get a power cable trough the firewall :)
Thanks @TalonTsi90 for putting me on the right track, and making sure I did not burn down my car.
I wanted to tap in directly on the amp, but the passenger seat is electric and that makes it a royal @!#% in the but to get to the Bose amp.

Thanks again. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts