Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
he has a sri with no mufflers and resonator tips.

hey Z does it sound loud when just driving down the highway. i hated my friends camaro when i couldn't talk on the cellie because of the exhaust.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he has a sri with no mufflers and resonator tips.
hey Z does it sound loud when just driving down the highway. i hated my friends camaro when i couldn't talk on the cellie because of the exhaust.
[/b]
Our Little one, who sits in the back, did not like it with straight pipes and no mufflers. Yet, she does not complain with the resonators on.
And, yes there is a little rumble around 75-80. It is coming from the trunk resonating.. With some DynoMat behind the back seat cover, that would eliminate the noise almost completely.

·
Registered
583 Posts
the one complaint i do have about the speed is that it doesn't have very much noise insulation. in the wheel wells especially, but i guess in the name of speed it was necessary.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the one complaint i do have about the speed is that it doesn't have very much noise insulation. in the wheel wells especially, but i guess in the name of speed it was necessary.
[/b]
You think not??? I should take you for a ride in my Silforty.. And I have NOT removed any noise barrier.
The Speed is Quiet compared to the stock 240sx. and the 240sx has 20-25lbs of sound material. :yesnod:
Yet, with today's technology, the same db drop can be achieved with 1/3 -1/2 the wieght of a 93 S13 Club Q.

·
Registered
979 Posts
damn that is throaty and loud! Almost fell over and was not expecting it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Sounds like it scared the dog too!

·
Registered
583 Posts
wait for me!!!!

in my camry i couldn't hear anything hitting he wheel well when i ran over gravel etc. now in the speed it is extremely loud. that is my only complaint.

seriously i think if i remove the mufflers and replace some pipe i can always put the mufflers back on if it is too loud. eh?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like it scared the dog too!
[/b]
Actually, She was mad and telling us about it. She thought we were leaving without her. :laugh:
And she Knows, unless it is an emergency, those 4 legs will NOT be in the SPeed6. Her's is the Xterra
and I take her trolling in the Silforty. ;)

You should bring it out thursday!
[/b]
Thursday??? WHAT!!!?? I think I was sleepin in class that day.. And I don't even go to school :laugh:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Every Thursday we (dfwmazdas) have a little get together at Skoot's by Lowes theater in Richardson at 635 and 75. They are pretty cool guys, there is one other MS6 that shows up from time to time. We meet out there usually anytime after 8:30 or so and usually go inside Skoot's for a bite to eat and some beer. Then head back out and bullshit for a while. Lately there have been quite a few different types of cars showing up. Last week there was a Skyline GTR V-spec. You guys are welcome out there anytime.
I will be out there this week, however I probably won't have my MS6 :( I'll be sporting a Tribute.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Every Thursday we (dfwmazdas) have a little get together at Skoot's by Lowes theater in Richardson at 635 and 75. They are pretty cool guys, there is one other MS6 that shows up from time to time. We meet out there usually anytime after 8:30 or so and usually go inside Skoot's for a bite to eat and some beer. Then head back out and bullshit for a while. Lately there have been quite a few different types of cars showing up. Last week there was a Skyline GTR V-spec. You guys are welcome out there anytime.
I will be out there this week, however I probably won't have my MS6 :( I'll be sporting a Tribute.
[/b]
That's what I thought it was. I could not make it last Thursday. It is hard from So. End here. And I will not be going to the Big get together either. I have to get the Silforty back together before the wife chews me up any more. And she said before I get any more toys on the Speed6. :sarc:
We will try to get there this Thursday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
CSVT
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing