Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what the real value of these would be...But I have a set of LESS than a year old Toyo Proxes 4 on my stock 17's Sport rims....How much would you guys ask for these...The tires have pretty much all the thread left. Will post pictures ASAP...

Also the tires could be sold separately or with the rims together..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm not sure what the real value of these would be...But I have a set of LESS than a year old Toyo Proxes 4 on my stock 17's Sport rims....How much would you guys ask for these...The tires have pretty much all the thread left. Will post pictures ASAP...
Also the tires could be sold separately or with the rims together..
[/b]
Hmmmmm Depending on how much you want for them and if they will fit. I might be interested.

nevermind. I read over the part that said for 17's

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'll give ya $275-300 shipped for em(wheels,and tires)... Would need pics though

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They've been on since march 18th 2006...That's when I bought them, these have been in my car for about 5 months now...They've been on for a total of 6,732 miles and counting. I paid 661.65 for them the day I bought them...I'll sell the tires for the price you're asking but CERTAINLY not with the rims for that price..Let me know

Further down in the Buy/Sell page someone is selling 17" rims with STOCK tires for 250...And that's almost like giving it for free!! Think about what you're asking me to do...

·
Registered
200 Posts
sorry man but that's how it goes in used car goodies, especially wheels and tires.

Lets do a comparison:
guys post below:
Asking $250+ shipping for (So right around 300 shipped):
factory 17" wheels and Michelin tires with ~15,000 miles on them.
OE tires 215/50R17 (Michelin Pilot HX MXM4)
$175 each

Now lets look at your situation:
Asking price TBD
17's with Toyo Proxes 4 with ~7,000 miles
I'm guessin your running this size or close
215/40R17
$120 each

IN SUMMARY:

So you've got half the miles than he does on his tires +1
Chances are your rims are 2 times as old as his (based on mileage) -1
Toyo Proxes are a better tire than OE and are cheaper +2

So I guess you are right you would be the better purchase in this instance so I could see offering an additional $100 based on tire alone.
So I could see offering up to $400 shipped based on condition of the rims. ($400 being no damage to rims, obviously damaged rims bring cost down dramatically no matter what tires)

Let me know if this is more reasonable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So how about them pics :)
If no rim damage I've got $400 waitin for ya via paypal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts