Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely an improvement when shifting. Speed6 takes 2.6 qts.

Use a open wrench for the tranny drain bolt. Socket WILL NOT fit b/c of the metal support beam/bar is right next to it. Actually you can use the open wrench for both plugs. The washer are NOT crush washers, just a metal gasket/washer (typical on a drain/fill bolt. I did not replace it, no need to).

Also... it's not 23mm on the Speed6, its 24mm (socket/wrench) for BOTH fill & drain plug on the tranny.

It will help to use a large size funnel (bough one at Wal-Mart for $1.00) when draining the fluid. Place it near the hole while unscrewing the bolt as the fluid will pulsates out of the transmission and splashes all over. Don’t forget to place the drain pan underneath the funnel.

Before you start the car, pump the clutch 15x.

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
How much fluid should be used? Just one bottle?

Nevermind: Found my answer here.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Definitely an improvement when shifting.

Use a open wrench for the tranny bolts. Socket WILL NOT fit b/c of the metal support beam/bar is right next to it. Actually you can use the open wrench for both plugs. The washer are NOT crush washers, just a metal gasket/washer (typical on a drain/fill bolt. I did not replace it, no need to).

Also... it's not 23mm on the Speed6, its 24mm (socket/wrench) for BOTH fill & drain plug on the tranny.

It will help to use a large size funnel (bough one a Wal-Mart for $1.00) when draining the fluid. Place it near the hole while unscrewing the bolt as the fluid will pulsates out of the transmission and splashes all over. Don’t forget the drain pan underneath the funnel.

Before you start the car, pump the clutch 15x.

Did you have to use a pump to get the new fluid in??
I used to have one but someone scavenged!!! :swearin:
How much was your fluid pumper or whatever you must have used??
Also how much did you have to spend on the RED line??
How many miles do you have , I am still under 1000, but plan on eventually doing this.
Later - m

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't need a pump. You can see/touch the fill bolt looking under the hood. I bought a long plastic funnel tube at Auto Zone for $3.99. I changed fluid at 4500 miles. I bought the Redline MT-90 at summit racing for $7.95 a qt with free shipping, but has a $9.95 hazard fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts