Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Mazda 6i 2003 (2.3L I-4), ATX. Since several months I constantly have problems with my ATX. Some history:
First when I bought it, test in the Mazda service detected problems with solenoid D. They didn't have it in stock, so I drove it for a while until I got AT and check engine lamps switched on. Next day I started feeling some jolts while switching selector lever to position D and even harder jolts in position R, and jolts by shift changing on low shifts (1-2, 2-3). I got the car to the service center and they changed that solenoid and apparently solved the problem. But only 2 weeks later I got the same problem again. My car was not running easy, very slow on the hills. Same jolts. I took it to the service again, they changed solenoid E. Then a week after I got the AT and check engine lights again. I brought it to the service, they checked the "brain", everything. Then they told me there were couple of cables (?) that were damaged and made solenoids burn. They changed these cables, but the check engine light didn't switch off. They told me there were problems with cables that link ATX with engine, but it was safe to drive. So I took the car since i need it and today, i.e. 2 weeks after, I got the AT light switched on again (while the check engine light was never off since i took the car from the service). I drove some 20 km and stopped the car for 2-3 hours. It was on the hill, so when I came back and tried to drive again it could not climb the hill, going so hard. I stopped it and switched tiptronic and it showed 3, i could not shift down at all. Then the tiptronic switched off completely. But I had to get back to the city, so I drove. I switched to D and apparently drove at 3rd shift all the way back. Same jolts, even more terrible ones again. When I almost got back home, I felt smth was smelling like burnt rubber in the engine part. I checked coolant fluid in the coolant reservoir tank, it was empty. Engine coolant temperature gauge was still showing the engine was not overheated. I let the engine cool a bit, added water in the coolant reservoir tank and drove back home for some 4-5 km.

I am sorry for such a long story, but is there someone to advise me WTF is going on with my ATX?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to add: I started getting problems with my battery since I took the car from the service last time. It "died", nothing was working, not even theft alarm system or central lock. When I was trying to start engine, all the system was like crazy, all the lamps on-off, indicator needles twitching. I checked by another electrician today. he said there is electric leakage. so before driving today I changed the battery to one I have in reserve for such cases, which is 64 ohm instead of 74-75. May this be helpful.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Not saying that this is your problem. But when my alternator went bad, it would shift hard into reverse and would only drive in 3rd gear. You may want to get your alternator checked out.Which could also be the cause of your bad battery.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you javim007. I was also advised there could be a bad chip in the ATX. I do not know exactly what should this mean, but will certainly mention that in the service. I am almost sure there is smth wrong with alternator since the battery light on the dash panel was lightening the last day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts