Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've been on here a while , lurking and posting. I figured since I've done a lot to my car when I first got it stock I should finally make one of these...

Engine Mods:
- Cordova Optimized Throttle Body
- Grounded TB
- AEM SRI w/ a K&N filter
- TB Coolant Bypass Mod
- AWR 70 duro Wishbone Mount
- Tanabe Concept G Medallion Exhaust

Interior Mods
- Sylflex Auxmod w/ Monster 3.5mm cable
- Blue LED dome lights
- Red LED door lights
- 15% Tint (front) 25% (back)

Exterior Mods
- Full non-sport to sport conversion
- Painted Headlight Bezels
- Car_LED Tails
- Tinted Sidemarkers
- Nightshaded Rear Reflectors
- Painted Emblems Black
- Stubby Acura RDX Antenna
- Painted Calipers (Red)
- 35w 5000k HID's
- 6000k Halos
- Mazda JDM window visors

Suspension
- Sprint springs (1.8 all around)

Future Mods Planned
- Tein Basic coilovers
- Axxcess Ipod
- BR lip
- Eyelids

Now for pics!!

^ Before I got my sport front

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
looks sikkkkk. i love it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
i would like some angel eyes as well...but they arent available on therpmstore so im not sure where to get them besides ebay...

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

The ones I got were from eBay. I just made sure to test them out before baking open my headlights. Sure enough there was one halo DOA. Now I just need to get eyelids to cover up that gap & nasty looking wiring.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i would like some angel eyes as well...but they arent available on therpmstore so im not sure where to get them besides ebay...
Angel Eyes are all over the place. If you know the size of the rings,
you can order them individually, or order sets from vendors. I did this
mod on my Hyundai Tiburon, and remember the PITA it was. Just not
looking forward to it again.

OR

Make your own.....

How To Create Custom LED Angel Eye Rings

·
Registered
510 Posts
Nice job , congrats on the sweet makeover , really looks good ! Don't tempt me to lower mine again :) JK

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much did it cost you for the side skirts, rear bumper and spoiler? I'm trying to see how much it'll cost me. I got a base 6i but the previous owner put on the sports front bumper.
Well I received the rear bumper from another member who sold it to me. I got my sideskirts on eBay for about 180. I do have a pair of tungsten gray skirts for sale in the classifieds for cheap. I also got the spoiler from eBay for about 150.

I'd have to say I paid around 8-900 for everything.

Good luck with the conversion! It's well worth it.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rear sway COMIN' IN HOTT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Niiice. I bought my 6 stock also, and I'm looking to do the same to mine as you did to yours. How long/how much did it take for you to go from stock to the way it is now?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Niiice. I bought my 6 stock also, and I'm looking to do the same to mine as you did to yours. How long/how much did it take for you to go from stock to the way it is now?
Ummm I've had my 6 for about a year and a half now and started to mod it about 8 months ago.

Every time I get paid, all my extra money goes to mods lol Overall for everything, I've spent a little over 2k. The mods haven't stopped yet though. All my friends tell me that I'm addicted. I tell them that I agree lol

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I'm always here (almost too much IMO) to help my fellow members.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Woah our cars look very similar, I have to say I love the steel grey especially after a fresh wax :D

I have to get a picture up one of these days.

Btw, did you get those rx8s powder coated silver?
Any side pics?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like...

im picking my 6 up on Friday I have a TL currently that is modded... im going to mod my 6 too just need to look at the DIYs for painting the housings and doing clear/tinted sidemarkers ETc....

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Woah our cars look very similar, I have to say I love the steel grey especially after a fresh wax :D

I have to get a picture up one of these days.

Btw, did you get those rx8s powder coated silver?
Any side pics?
STEEL GRAY FTW!

nope, these are just the stock ones with the aluminum finish. I DID see an RX-8 with the shinka edition wheels today on the road and they did look pretty hot, even though I'm not a fan of chrome.

Here's the only side pic I have. The caliper paint is starting to flake off :( I'll take a better one later on and update the OP :)

I like...

im picking my 6 up on Friday I have a TL currently that is modded... im going to mod my 6 too just need to look at the DIYs for painting the housings and doing clear/tinted sidemarkers ETc....
Thanks

Grats on the 6! These cars are awesome. Everyone that drives the 6 has a blast. The suspension is spot on with the right mods.

Zoom! Zoom!

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
244 Posts
very clean, its definately one of the best first gens ive seen. im suprised at how good the halos look and the rx8's on there look great too. very good job

1 - 20 of 49 Posts