1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I saw a story just like this one a year or two ago on the local news around here. The only problem I have with this story is that they call the Jiffy Lube employees "mechanics". That's BS, those guys are anything but mechanics. Buyer beware, IMO.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I hate Jiffy Lube bastards. They'll take your air filter and throw some oil, dirt, leaves w/e on it then tell you it's dirty and needs to be replaced. Sounds like they charge you for a new one then slap it back in. Nice.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
yea... THEY WILL RIP U OFF AT ANY SEC!!!

I worked there for 3 months and I will tell you what, the times the managers cut air filters to make them fit with a hack saw, not changing cartridge oil filters on some cars, cars leaving knocking like no tom, all their services that they offer are crap!

My buddy said it best he said "never bring your car anywhere that doesn't have the tools or know-how to fix anything they break"

I should sue them for all the times they make their employee's work off the clock and not be compensated for it, all the unlawful practices they do, they derserve everything they get, they make more money off everything but the oil change, nothing but con artists!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
If it was not for Jiffy Lube, I would not have bought my 6 in '03. Went there for an oil change and came out with the worst rod knock. There was nothing wrong with my car until that day.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I take mine to the dealer for oil changes, I just dont want to deal with taking used oil to be recycled.
[/b]
Me too... and then the cleanup and such.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OMFG!!! I just left Jiffy Lube not an hour ago, luckily all I had done was an oil change!!!I think I'm going to go check my oil now.........Also..I thought the oil in my 6 only nnede to be changed every 7500 miles. The sticker they put on says I need to have it changed again in only 3000 miles??????

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
OMFG!!! I just left Jiffy Lube not an hour ago, luckily all I had done was an oil change!!!I think I'm going to go check my oil now.........Also..I thought the oil in my 6 only nnede to be changed every 7500 miles. The sticker they put on says I need to have it changed again in only 3000 miles??????
[/b]
How long between changes depends on the oil they use, not the car itself. They could have, and knowing Jiffy Lube they did, use an oil that should be changed around 3000 miles.

It also depends on your duty cycle. If your car is sitting in traffic a lot, lots of starts and stops, you should change just about any oil at 3000-5000 miles. If you're using a high-quality synthetic oil and doing mostly highway miles, you can go 7500 to even more than 10,000 miles between changes.

Using dealer semi-syth oil and doing normal driving, yes you can go 5000-7500 miles between changes without problem. But even the dealer is going to put a sticker on your car to get you to come back after 3000. A dealer will make a lot more money on changing the oil in that car over its' lifetime than it will on the sale itself. They want you to come as often as they can. They'd put 1000 miles on that sticker if they thought you'd actually come back then.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's funny, I went to the Pepboys for an oil leak with my previous car (about 5-6 years ago) and they told me the filter was loose. The Service Manager then warned about Jiffy Lube and how they scam people by not even changing the filter sometimes. I thought it was funny he would say that but since then I've been very apprehensive about that place. I started going out in the bay area to watch their every move.

So, they've been doing this for years. I smell a class action suit coming and boy I hope they stick it to those m***erf**kers .

Now that I have my 6, I will never use or recommend them to anyone. I change my oil myself!

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
My dealer actually uses 3750 miles on the stickers, where they used to use 3000.

I can stand in the bay at valvoline and watch them too.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Time to do oil changes myself I guess. Those are serious allegations, I should write my local news station to check on this as well around here. Perhaps if more get on it, then bigger stations will check it out.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've used the Jiffy Lube at Sears years ago. Ramp was located next to the window so I was able to watch. I've used Sears a few more times during the winter.

Last time I paid someone to change my oil was during the Washington DC Sniper Scare back in 2002; yeah I don't have a garage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
In reply to Sigma........I had them put full synth in it because I heard it was better for the car...it sure was more expensive..........Screw them tho. I'll do it myself nex time, I just didnt have time to this time
Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
20 Participants
Gray603
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing