Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other then going to Mazda dealer, I only see one 6 in Jersey (beside mine). Let's have a Jersey rollcall.

Jersey City fully loaded silver 6i auto.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reading Topic: Jersey Rollcall

I haven't seen a single 6 on the road where I live in Jersey. I'm relatively close to about 3 or 4 dealers, so I'd expect to see at least one, but nope. They're all just sitting on the lot waiting for me to buy one...

·
Registered
628 Posts

Another Born and Raised Jersey Boy Here...

I have seen one '6 so far, in a parking lot at Target in Brick. Seen plenty on the lots, and none actually on the road...

robgtaasc...
Hopefully you will be seeing my Steel Grey '6 on the road once i get it (I work in Eatontown)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Jersey Rollcall'

Originally posted by stew560

Another Born and Raised Jersey Boy Here...

I have seen one '6 so far, in a parking lot at Target in Brick. Seen plenty on the lots, and none actually on the road...

robgtaasc...
Hopefully you will be seeing my Steel Grey '6 on the road once i get it (I work in Eatontown)[/b]
I wasn't born in Jersey, but I was raised here.

stew560, don’t be too surprised if one day when you get into your steel gray 6, you see me sitting in the passenger's seat with a stupid grin on my face. Don't be afraid either, as I'll most likely be overwhelmed at the time to do anything but sit there.

·
Registered
628 Posts

You better have a big sign saying "I'm robgtaasc!" or you're gonna have a swift fist coming your way... :)

·
Registered
178 Posts

I took my womans speed yellow 6s to Cape May about 4 1/2 weeks ago and did not see one 6 the entire time I was there.

·
Registered
68 Posts

In the lower counties (Cumberland, Salem, etc.) there haven't been any 6's showing their face.

But there are no Mazda dealers in these counties and seeing ANY more than a couple of Mazdas isn't a regular occurance. So not seeing one doesn't mean much in this area.

That turns out to be a cool thing when I get a 6. It'll be a pretty exclusive car around here for a while.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

saw a red one in Red Banks, NJ on Sat.....and black one on BQE in NYC today (Sun)....

·
Registered
238 Posts

I have seen a total of four in the wild. A white one, a black one, a silver one, and a steel gray one. This has been in the span of almost two months. My wife thinks I am crazy because, when I do see one I say I have seen one in the wild.

Old Bridge, loaded steel gray 6s sport package auto.

·
Registered
5 Posts

I'm from Jersey... I don't have my 6i yet, still looking...

Which makes me ask... anyone know a good dealership in the Central Jersey area? Right now I'm dealing with DCH, but I'm not happy with my salesman. He's been overly pushy, trying to get me to buy an '02 Jetta leftover, b/c his manager wants it off the lot.

Now, I'm in sales, so I know the goal is to get the cash... but c'mon, my company knows that if you push people, they get what they don't want, or not exactly what they want, and that leads to pissed off customers, which means a lack of return business.

Anyways, so can anyone recommend a dealer?

·
Registered
11 Posts

:p I'm actually not in Jersey (more like NE Philly) but frequent it alot. Anyway, saw a total of 4. 1 on 95 South (was nite and my dumb friend didn't want to push his Accorn hard enuff to catch it) 2 in Berlin on 73N same night, 1 on 130S in Burlington.

And once I get mine, you'll see another! So anyone want to buy my 98 Tacoma pickup so I can buy my 6 already?

·
Registered
628 Posts

CuCullin,

I ordered through Schwartz Mazda in Shrewsbury. I have had issues with my order (going on 16 weeks) but it looks like other people are having the same issues, so I don't blame the dealership. They were very helpful and were happy to take my s-plan order with no hassle.

On the flip-side, I can NOT recommend Richards Mazda in Freehold. They were totally rude to me when I walked in and said I wanted to order a 5speed. I was an easy sale, and that caused me to walk away.

Good Luck!

btw- how was the deal on the Jetta? My wife really wants one. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts

CuCullin, I ordered my 6 at Sansone Mazda on Rt. 1 in Avenel. My salesman's name was Keith Dickenson. I told him what I wanted to pay and that was the deal he gave. He was very easy to work with and kept me well informed as to where the car was while I waited for it to come in. Also the two times I have had to deal with the service dept. I have had nothing but a good experience.

I have to agree with Stew560 on the unbusiness like practices at Richards. We are there for them, not the other way round.

Anyway If you need any more info email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
657 Posts

Moocat, you too? Wait.... I saw a silver 6 near the golf course the other day, MIGHT have been on Richmond Hill rd. That you?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Originally posted by Entropism

Moocat, you too?  Wait....  I saw a silver 6 near the golf course the other day, MIGHT have been on Richmond Hill rd.  That you?[/b]
Maybe... I was over there friday evening if I remember.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I got my car 2 weeks ago and still have not seen one "in the wild" despite a long drive down to Virginia and back...

I bought mine from Maple Shade Mazda on Route 73, in Maple Shade.

I love the car.

-Nathan

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Jersey Rollcall

Hey, Nathan - you must be near me! (Assuming you didn't drive an exorbitant distance).

·
Registered
29 Posts

Applejax,

Heh, your avatar is pretty scary... :|

I live in Delran. Where are you? Ever see a Mazda 6 in the wild?

-Nathan

1 - 20 of 78 Posts