·
Premium Member
667 Posts
^^^funneled it right into your lap? lol, that sucks! :p

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
Just sent you a text @MWSpeed6. Those pins are all you get. Line up the clips on the inside of the visor where the holes are & just push those pins through & into the clips. Of course after you have the clips locked into the weather stripping of the door.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Just sent you a text @MWSpeed6. Those pins are all you get. Line up the clips on the inside of the visor where the holes are & just push those pins through & into the clips. Of course after you have the clips locked into the weather stripping of the door.

Thanks... yeah I was looking at the how-to link posted a few pages ago by another member, and it mentions pin caps... there's even a picture of them there. And one other member here mentioned the caps too. But it doesn't sound like they are needed other than for finishing purposes... I think I will finally get around to installing these things... you know how lazy I get. I've had them since may I think...

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Your pins look exactly like mine & Evan's & Chris's do. Nothing to worry about man & no missing pieces as far as im concerned. Ive never even seen additional caps mentioned before now lol.
I'm not going crazy.... haha. Here's one quote:

The first two pictures are before the install...car looks a bit naked...lol.

Install was pretty straightforward. It looks more complicated than it really was. Somehow though I lost one of the caps that goes on the backside of the small pins...I will probably never find it...

Drove around Saturday, it poured for quite a while. I was able to keep the windows open, stay cool, and smell the rain!

Most definitely worth the price and look great!

Considering a sunroof visor, maybe...anyone have one? Do they look terrible on our cars?

And here's a pic from the how-to:

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Yeah it's all good... I just wanted some confirmation before doing the install, since it involves 3M tape and all. Thanks man!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your pins look exactly like mine & Evan's & Chris's do. Nothing to worry about man & no missing pieces as far as im concerned. Ive never even seen additional caps mentioned before now lol.

Mine has the caps, they actually do keep the push pin in the "socket." I had to squeeze them pretty hard to get them in too.

I did end up finding my missing cap under my floormat a few days later. All's well with them now! :D

Hmmmmmmm.......

Mine didnt have those & i didnt seem to be missing anything. I believe he has a wagon so they might be designed differently for w/e reason.

Yes, that is correct. I do have a wagon. Maybe the visors are manufactured differently? :confused:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Question for the people who installed this. Did you get pin caps with your set? All I got was the clips and the pins, but no pin caps....

My clips were nearly identical, but I did have the rubber caps for the back as I just said in my last post.

To me it looks like you should have them too. What will keep you from pushing the pin and the "socket" back thru the visor once they are installed?

By design, I think they are all supposed to have them...when you push the pin into the other piece, it opens up the little leg-like feet (almost like a drywall anchor). The cap keeps all the pieces together.

I think they are merely for added security though as the 3M tape is stupid strong.

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Maybe we should ask the supplier why we didn't get the caps... I'd like to have them.

Anyway, I just finished the install. In case you haven't seen enough pictures of these, here you go....

Attachments

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
When i installed my pins they opened up like a drywall anchor as well. I even tried to gently pop it back out & no deals. Those suckers arent going anywhere. I dont need or want these caps for mine.

@MWSpeed6 if you like i can send you the e-mail address to contact the seller directly to see if you can get those caps.

361 - 380 of 406 Posts