Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my new gauges installed, the reverse ones from alfa otto. They look AWSOME! Im surprised there are not others that have got these yet, cuz the look is really nice. They were very easy to install with the help of hockyguy171 except for the fact that my wiring harness decided to have diffrent color wires due to the JDM factor...But they were in the same location at least so it wasnt that bad of a thing. So just when I was about to have it all installed I realized that even though these gauges have KM/H, the rate of the needle movment would be that of in the states!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRG! On my Atenza, the numbers just go to 180KM/H. On the new gauges it goes to 240KM/H... So the reading is all wrong. Anyhoo, is there a way I could convert it somehow to have the needle movment that same as in the states?? Hmmmm this is quite a question aint it?! HAHA

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
13" rims lol

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i wasnt trying to throw salt in the wounds, but i thought it was worth a little giggle.

i am putting on new rims, and someone suggested a product to me to help recalibrate my odo and tach...let me see if i can find the old thread

EDIT:

ok here's the link. i no longer feel bad for joking, lol.
You could always use one of these to recalibrate your speedo.

"http://www.abbott-tach.com/era.htm

As long as the (MS)6 doesn't have a mechanical speedo cable, it should work. It worked perfectly on my Mustang when I changed the rear gear ratio. If my 2001 Mustang had an electronic speedo cable/sensor then I am sure the the MS6 has the same thing. All you'd have to do is look at their calibrations table and calibrated it to 1.220. It's a pretty easy install, as long as you can find where the speedo cable plugs into the tranny."

177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ummm thats awsome...except I did not change my gear ratio....just the dial face was changed...so what I need is something, probably out of the American 6, that is used to run the speedo of the American 6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts