Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
I bought some awhile ago, NOT night shades, some stuff directly from Japan. How is it on the badge? Does it seem like it will stay on there?

I have been meaning to use this for a long time now, good to see you had success with it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Wow... That looks really smooth! Nice job!

Did you put clear coat on it to seal it? Just wondering if it will peal or wear off after some time...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks sweeet! how long does it last tho? can it just peel off?
[/b]

It sould last forever. No it will not peel off. It will take a long time to dry though.

I bought some awhile ago, NOT night shades, some stuff directly from Japan. How is it on the badge? Does it seem like it will stay on there?

I have been meaning to use this for a long time now, good to see you had success with it.
[/b]

with the badges it will just come if you don't skuff them a little bit with scotch brite

Wow... That looks really smooth! Nice job!

Did you put clear coat on it to seal it? Just wondering if it will peal or wear off after some time...
[/b]

No clear coat needed in fact i heard it would react with this JDM stuff and not work at all. Somthing about the solvents in it.

Where did you get it and how much? Nice job btw :)
[/b]

Ebay $30.53 with shiping

also with the lens I did use 2000 grit paper and wetsand off the letters on them to make them look even more smooth. That could be why it looks so nice.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would this stuff work on head/tail lights?
[/b]

Yes it will work on tail lights and headlights. I tint the taillight on my Expedition. No pics Sorry.

This is the stuff i got.

Looks good. Will it come off of the badges? I know you answered that already but I did not understand your answer...
[/b]

It will not come off mine becouse i skuffed them. The first time I did it it would come off if I where to pick at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Speed6 guy I LOVE it, can I get a few pictures of the whole car? or front 3/4 and rear 3/4?

·
Registered
799 Posts
This is the stuff i got.

It will not come off mine becouse i skuffed them. The first time I did it it would come off if I where to pick at it. [/b]
yup, that is the same stuff I got.

When you say you skuffed the badge, did you sandpaper it first or what?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup, that is the same stuff I got.

When you say you skuffed the badge, did you sandpaper it first or what?
[/b]

No use scotch brite it will wock much better.

I will be doing a wrightup this week on what and how I did these mods

Attachments

·
Registered
799 Posts

I will be doing a wrightup this week on what and how I did these mods [/b]
cool, thanks. I will look forward to your write up.

·
Registered
679 Posts

I will be doing a wrightup this week on what and how I did these mods
[/b]
I am looking forward to this.

I bought some hi temp paint today and painted my exhaust because it has rust spots. I painted it black and the back of the car looks much better now.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
write up please....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts