Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought that I'd mention something that I ran across when looking at the JDM Atenza/Mazda6 accessories catalog. They have an OEM retractable nav dash panel available now, used by JDM dealers to install aftermarket nav systems (JDM has nav only Alpine, Pioneer, etc. systems that are touch screen + 1DIN CPU). I mentioned this find (available for the RX-8, Axcela/Mazda3 and Atenza/Mazda6) on the RX-8 club site and one vendor (mazdaparts.com) picked them up for those guys. Great for CarPC installations... so I just thought I'd mention it to you guys here too...

Here's a link to the thread with pics of the RX-8 version
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=96016

The link to the JDM catalog for the Atenza/Mazda6
http://www.mazda.co.jp/accessories/web_cat...nza/atenza.html

It's at the top of page 13.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
omfg. atenzas offer triple guage pods as an accesory?? Now that is BA.

do you think it is possible to get a blue steering wheel like the one in the catalogue. i think it would go good with my lapis

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
[attachmentid=17441]
omfg. atenzas offer triple guage pods as an accesory?? Now that is BA.

do you think it is possible to get a blue steering wheel like the one in the catalogue. i think it would go good with my lapis
[/b]

[attachmentid=17442]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
im guessing those pictures were for reference?

anyways, im goin to look at the atenza sites and see if its possible i can find a black/blue atx shift knob + blue steering wheel... ahh that would be sweet.

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
how much is 140,000 yen? lol that pod is great

guess it's about 1200 bucks

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much is 140,000 yen? lol that pod is great

guess it's about 1200 bucks
[/b]
The prices shown in the mazda catalog are for complete nav systems... screen, cpu, AND dash panel.

As others have mentioned, the dash panel only is close to $300. It is non-motorized, holds a 7" LCD, and is an option for those that want to mount a screen, but don't want to hack up the stock dash panel. It's Mazda-made, OEM piece... not fiberglass, or badly fitting, cheap aftermarket plastic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
this seems pretty cool, but also pricey considering what we would get. the vendor on that rx-8 thread mentioned it would be ~300 with customs and shipping to the US...

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am guessing most people will like the flashier, motorized version instead of this hand open version. Heck...I can fit a 7" screen in the map pocket now and have been using my hands...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am guessing most people will like the flashier, motorized version instead of this hand open version. Heck...I can fit a 7" screen in the map pocket now and have been using my hands...
[/b]
Do they offer a motorized on also? Or are we talking about the motorized stock unit?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wish I could read japanese :) Would it hold any 7" lcd? Wonder how they attach to the nav panel...
[/b]
I'd like to know as well ^_^

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php...key=091-030-004

I have a indash JVC DVD player, and i also have my PS2 wired into that, great picture and sound, but the screen is too small to read gameplay. Getting a flip map box like this where i could put a 7" screen with AV inputs would be awsome=)

Any idea's if this would work?

Thanks, and happy new years!

·
Registered
43 Posts
So has anyone actually ordered this thing yet? If I knew how to call Japan I would call them and ask them about it. I am afraid that it replaces the upper lcd screen and will not work on the Speed6. If anyone knows if this will work let me know.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So has anyone actually ordered this thing yet? If I knew how to call Japan I would call them and ask them about it. I am afraid that it replaces the upper lcd screen and will not work on the Speed6. If anyone knows if this will work let me know.[/b]
People. You can't just "call Japan" and get this piece. It isn't aftermarket. It's OEM, carried by the Mazda dealers. They aren't going to deal with you to sell you one piece and ship it to you in America. Email Matt at mazdaparts.com and ask him about getting the piece for you. Direct him here and show that there is at least interest from a handful of owners. He'll very likely get the piece with his next shipment from Japan.

Reading Japanese won't help you, all it talks about are the directions to open and close the piece.

Check the thread in RX8club.com audio forum... the dimensions of what will fit are given there... maybe also on the mazdaparts.com site as well. That thread should have just about all the details you could want about this piece. http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=96...ractable+screen

·
Registered
22 Posts
People. You can't just "call Japan" and get this piece. It isn't aftermarket. It's OEM, carried by the Mazda dealers. They aren't going to deal with you to sell you one piece and ship it to you in America. Email Matt at mazdaparts.com and ask him about getting the piece for you. Direct him here and show that there is at least interest from a handful of owners. He'll very likely get the piece with his next shipment from Japan.

Reading Japanese won't help you, all it talks about are the directions to open and close the piece.

Check the thread in RX8club.com audio forum... the dimensions of what will fit are given there... maybe also on the mazdaparts.com site as well. That thread should have just about all the details you could want about this piece. http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=96...ractable+screen[/b]
Actually, you can buy this thing directly from Japan. I did. Here's where I got it from:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php...er=&volkey=

It is part number 090-026-003 (Retractable navigation box). I haven't installed mine yet becasue I am waiting for a few electronic components to be released for sale later this spring.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts