Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's Corksport short shift kit info everywhere on this site (and it's much appreciated. I got a CS kit and have been happy with it... so not knocking them at all). But now I see this one by JBR and it has throw reduction options of 20% or 40% (CS is 33%). If I would have seen this one before I probably would have gotten it over the CS just to get that extra 7%.

I searched and didn't find anything on the forum about this, so I wanted to post it in case any mazda folks want another option besides the CS.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Not something I'll be doing but it's always nice to see other options lol 🍻
I did it on my Talon cause i couldnt afford a $150+ shifter, so i was the first to mod the trans side. Never did get around to do the roller skate bearings, but plan on it this time around.

·
Registered
2016 Sport, Manual Transmission
112 Posts
I did it on my Talon cause i couldnt afford a $150+ shifter, so i was the first to mod the trans side. Never did get around to do the roller skate bearings, but plan on it this time around.
What year is your Talon? I used to have a 1990 Eclipse Turbo, I kept for 186,000 miles, when one of the pistons hit the bottom of the spark plug. I added an extra washer to the plug and the piston didn't hit anymore, I wonder what could have caused it! I drove the hell out of that car! Redline shifts all the time. Even with the ropy shifter I could fast shift 1-2 no problem (after doing the solid bushing mod and BG Synchroshift), something that is hard to do in the Mazda6.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
What year is your Talon? I used to have a 1990 Eclipse Turbo, I kept for 186,000 miles, when one of the pistons hit the bottom of the spark plug. I added an extra washer to the plug and the piston didn't hit anymore, I wonder what could have caused it! I drove the hell out of that car! Redline shifts all the time. Even with the ropy shifter I could fast shift 1-2 no problem (after doing the solid bushing mod and BG Synchroshift), something that is hard to do in the Mazda6.
It was a 90 AWD. I know where its at and have first dibs if i can ever buy it back.

Yea, the 1-2 gear step is so large, one thing that people think makes it hard to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts