Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.showtimeautotrix.com/minan.html

i wondering if anyone knows where to get the japanese antenna for my six? i want to add it for visual reasons only. it the same antenna on the yellow 6 on the main page of this site. if someone could measure theirs and post the size that would be great.

i found this stick-on antenna, pictured above for $13 bucks. its close to the japanese one but not sure if it will stay on thru bad weather and car washes.

NO sticky antenna for me! see post BELOW!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Replying to Topic 'japanese atenza antenna for my 6'

i had one something like that on my old car

only thign is someone can just come and rip it off :(
as for the one i got ... i brought mine for $15 cdn and one day i washing my car and it came off when i wipe the antenna..

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: japanese atenza antenna for my 6

I would suggest not to add this antenna. The roof on the 6 isn't galvanized, and drilling a hole to mount an antenna could leave you with some serious damage in notime.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

The roof mounted antenna is standard on the hatch, isn't it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i don't want to add the antenna to look like a is300, i want to look like a mazda 6/atenza. every model other than the us cars has the antenna and i just like how it looks. i think the japaneses atenza looks better than the us cars. it comes with the sports grill, it has the lower fogs, the antenna and it has the side marker lights. i have the sports grill and i am waiting for the fogs to come out here. come on already mazda.

while checking out other cars i've noticed that the acura mdx's and the nissan murano's have the same antenna i'm looking for, so i'll try and get one of those.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

after a couple months of searching i finally found the antenna and had it installed today. i got it from locustom.com . they had 2 that were similar to the japanese antenna, the shark attack and the mdx style. i got the mdx one, which has a sharper angle than the shark attack. i paid $40 shipped. it's not actually hooked up to the radio but that will happen when i get my system. they also have the vw longer antenna's if your into that look.

the install took about an hour. the guy took down the inner roof liner and drilled a hole. he added some white paint to the edge of the hole and put some sealent around the base of the antenna. it looks pretty good, like the atenza hatchback. pictures to follow.

·
Registered
209 Posts

why waste your money on an antenna, sure it may look cool, but ive heard many a stories from friends who get those stolen, and people who tell me they stole one. if you wanna waste your money on that thing only to have it ripped off, be my guest. im happy with the integrated antenna

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Originally posted by Driver6

The roof mounted antenna is standard on the hatch, isn't it?[/b]
I have yet again to remind you people that NA is the only place with in-glas antenna :) Everywhere els the car, regardless of trim, body and engine, come with an external antenna. So when the hatch and wagon makes it to the states the will probably have built in antennas just like your sedan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts