Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Reading Topic: Japanese Accord (Sports Study Model)

It was bad enough that the regular Accord (JDM and Euro) looked suspiciously like the 6, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I was willing to give Honda the benefit of the doubt on the Accord. With the long lead times on designs, they could have been simultaneously designed. But this blatant ripoff is coming out a year after the introduction of the MPS 6. Let's list the ripoffs from the MPS shall we:
1. Front grill design
2. Lower front fascia
3. Rear bumper design
4. Rear lip spoiler
5. Color of the car
6. Silver trim
7. 3 spoke wheel (Honda has used 4 spoke for like TEN years!)
8. wheel arches
Wow, apparently Honda designers just can't come up with an original design that looks good. Look at the USDM Accord and Civic as a case in point! So now they have to steal designs from a tiny little company like Mazda. The worst part is that Honduh will probably get the credit and people will say Mazda ripped them off.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

the sad thing is, even with a rip off the MPS6, the thing still looks fugly. the body cladding is way to noticeable. I'll give the interior its props tho.

-yasir

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah I think this kit is a little bit overboard. I do like the rear though. As far as the exterior goes the MPS is a lot more classy for sure.

But I agree with Yasir, the interior is very nice. Really like those gauges and steering wheel to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Japanese Accord (Sports Study Model)'

motha******* honda!
we gotta let people know mazda came up with the way better looking original mazda 6 mps design before people think mazda rip off from them...

is there any ******* forum about that sports study model?
gotta let people know how not original honda is riping off from mazda!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

ACCORD SPORTS STUDY MODEL FOR GENEVA MOTORSHOW 2003

The theme for this unique sports study model of the Honda Accord is "MUSCLE-TEC DESIGN". This car is a true performance saloon, enhancing the sporty "spirit" of the Honda Accord.

Its powerful and strong body presence draws attention but the look is complemented by top quality materials. Aluminium, carbon fibre and leather are used extensively.

The dynamic front bumper shape creates an aggressive expression, as does the rear bumper with its air diffuser.

The extreme "sporty" character translates itself into carbon fibre aero parts and 19 inch alloy wheels. In combination with the wide wheel arches, with a wide track, it creates a bold, eye- catching look.

The high standard of materials for the exterior was also applied to the interior. Aluminium, leather and Alcantara™ were used extensively on sport seats, the 3 spoke steering wheel, meter dials and gear shift knob.

Although this car will not go into production, it is a reflection of Honda’s racing heritage and the corporate philosophy "The Power of Dreams".

But it looks like they use somebody elses dream.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Japanese Accord (Sports Study Model)'

Originally posted by MazdaS6

motha******* honda!  
we gotta let people know mazda came up with the way better looking original mazda 6 mps design before people think mazda rip off from them...

is there any ******* forum about that sports study model?
gotta let people know how not original honda is riping off from mazda![/b]
All those Honda fanboys will be all over it though and bragging about how original they are. :sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I wouldn't say it's very ugly. Not very beautiful either. But the good parts are obviously rip-offs.

Ridiculous, really. Mazda designers must have a hard time to know if they should laugh or cry... :sarc

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

The only thing I really really like about the new Accords are the headlights. To me the sharp lines and blackouts look hot.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

The one thing I'd have to say that I like about the new Accord is that it doesn't conform to the current trend of huge grills. I don't like the front, but the idea is there.

The Euro spec gets another point for the taillights.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It's not ugly (exept for the grille that I don't like on the MPS either) but MAN are they stoopid. It's so obvious...

Originally posted by LBJay
it is a reflection of Honda’s racing heritage and the corporate philosophy b][/b]
So that's the future philosofy of Honda? Copying other brands... Well... Then fuck you, fuck you very much Honda...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Japanese Accord (Sports Study Model)

But face it though, the whole automotive industry "borrow" ideas once in a while. This doesnt mean that I like it when it happens.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Hmmmmm........

Remember Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery !!!!!!

But yeah, its a bloody rip off from the MPS !!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts

OK, I don't like the Accord but it is rather ludicrous to say that Honda copied Mazda. I'm not saying it's not possible, but come on... gimme proof :)

By that same logic, it could be argued that Mazda copied the rear end of the Lexus IS300. These two cars look so similar from behind it's not even funny.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

How long does it take to build a new car completely from scratch? 3-5 years? So the question arises who copied? Maybe Mazda was just a little bit faster presenting its MPS. I could imagine that nearly every auto maker knows what the other one is doing and it wouldn't have been the first time that designers or engineers switched companies. You never know...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts