Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or so it seems. Picked up a '97 Miata yesterday for, what I think, was a pretty good deal. Mechanically sound. Just some cosmetic problems. Driver seat leather & some foam are shot, hardtop needs a repaint, she has some dings & one fender replaced, but wrong color, both bumpers could use a repaint & the soft top window might be shot. I think it's just the zipper so I'm going to order that $13 zipper rescue kit & see.

I plasti-dipped the hardtop for now along w/the wheels since they look like shit otherwise.

I wanted another vert & I wanted cheap. I accomplished that by finding this car. :lol::D

I put a bra on the front to hide the spot of paint damage there. I touched up the many areas of chipped paint on the rear bumper. I have CalTrends seat covers on the way. I painted the calipers flat black while I was doing the wheels. I decided to plasti-dip the mismatched fender too. At least it is black now. :lol:

I also claybared her then took my buffer to the paint with Maguire's correction compound then their polish & wax.

I still would like to find a used roll bar, but nothing on the forums yet so I will keep waiting.

I have to control myself, she is supposed to be my cheap drop top fun cruiser. ;)

Busy weekend!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Nice. Welcome to the miata club lol

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's that I see on your neck.... Uh oh it's a mod bug! Just kidding..maybe. Sounds like you picked yourself up a fun daily driver:)

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Also @2007MS6 theres something funky going on with the hood there. Looks like it is misaligned.

·
Super Moderator
16,809 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also @2007MS6 theres something funky going on with the hood there. Looks like it is misaligned.
Indeed you are correct. As I mentioned, the fender (driver side) was replaced. It must have whacked the hood too when it happened. I'm not too worried about it right now. Too many other things to do like get new tires M&B, fix rear window zipper (hopefully b/c top is still good) & replace windshield.:huh:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL @ what my insurance company put for the reason I have 3 cars. No, I didn't tell them this.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Congrats man, that exactly what I have been planning to get as second car once I pay off my MS6. How much did you got it for in these conditions?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats man, that exactly what I have been planning to get as second car once I pay off my MS6. How much did you got it for in these conditions?
$1,500, but I've dumped more than I wanted to into it so far & there are still issues.

·
Registered
617 Posts
$1,500, but I've dumped more than I wanted to into it so far & there are still issues.
The price its not bad, but I guess it goes with the price for the issue you are having. Its hard to find a decent NA Miata for $2-3000 most ppl on Cl are asking 4-5k and if they are below they usually have issues.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The price its not bad, but I guess it goes with the price for the issue you are having. Its hard to find a decent NA Miata for $2-3000 most ppl on Cl are asking 4-5k and if they are below they usually have issues.
& they don't get $4k for those cars.

Right now, all that is left for me is the CEL for the cat, since the new rear o2 did not fix it, & an annoying metallic grinding noise that seems to be coming from driver fron that dealer could not address. It's not the brakes, or at least the actual pads and rotors as I have changed those & not wheel bearing b/c I replaced the hub.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts